Exhaust leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust leak

Well, I figured I would take the exhaust off and replace the gaskets or whatever you call them on the crossover pipe and found lots of rust.023.jpg
    I hope these pictures show up. I guess the mufflers are ok just the pipes are bad. Do I really need a crossover pipe? I know why its there but will it cause any problems welding the pipes up straight out the back no crossover? Mac 4-2 exhaust does not have a crossover. What problems was this causing with my bike? The bolts were loose on the engine all but one "always just one" bolt, and it broke off. PITA. ANY ideas or options would be helpful.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2016, 07:47 PM.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

You can do away with the crossover pipe. It's not mandatory but will effect your carb balance and the exhaust note.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I may have found a replacement still not back together. My ranger has been bad.... getting ready to put Clutch flywheel pressure plate on and valve job being done now. I replaced the injectors, intake gaskets, had to take it back apart to get the head off for the valve job. by the time I'm ready to buy a new truck I will have to keep this one to get some of my money back.

Comment

Working...
        X