1993 GSX-R-750... Any insight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Dave... You traded the B-King for a gen 2??? Man...
    Just sort of happened... I was happy with the B-King but then my friend who owned this silver Busa bought himself a black 2010 with an RCC Turbo kit on it (560 rwhp on 35lbs of boost, btw... he streets it at 4psi and 340 rwhp). Figuring that having two similar bikes was silly, he offered me the 2009 for my B-King. I slept (restlessly) on it and pulled the trigger the next day. Great bike.

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    So, you wouldn't ride with the salmon pink seat on the Busa? I wouldn't make any negative comments.

That TL1000R is beautiful. I could learn to love that rear end.

Ed
    The idea of pink seat, pink wheels and a pink fairing kanji crossed my mind but died a quick death. The GSXR is cool like that because it came that way... a bike of its time, but a Busa done up like a 1990's hairband? It's just not the same.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    The TLR is gorgeous.
    Thanks. It was the bike that I traded for the B-King in the spring. Vastly underrated bike, and a blast to ride.
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Okay here is my 2 cents. Had. 95 GSXR 750, it was ok but heavy and under powered, then I got my 97' GSXR 1100, basically another big heavy bike but with a few minor mods to the motor I got 148hp and 84 lbs of torque out of it so the weight was not as much as an issue. I also really liked the bike one I should have kept. I also had a 2002 TLR 10000R , very torquey low hp 128, high torque #'s 102. Very fun to ridebut small and compact for us big guy's. Also mine had a tre (timing retard eliminator) on it which made it basically impossible to ride around town as it wanted to float the front tire under all throttle positions. Use to have to shut it off in town.
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post

The idea of pink seat, pink wheels and a pink fairing kanji crossed my mind but died a quick death. The GSXR is cool like that because it came that way... a bike of its time, but a Busa done up like a 1990's hairband? It's just not the same.
        Yeah...I was just talking about the seat...I wouldn't want you to paint the Busa--that just wouldn't do.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Oh, I get that, Ed. I was simply curious at the seeming contradiction, since he has a fast bike but said he wanted a fast bike. I suppose it meant he wants a pure sports bike.
          Wording wasnt awesome. I was at work for 3 hours at that point entering inventory for all my units... All I could see was poundage of coffee in my head... That and chicken tenders.

Point I was trying to convey was for my linear speed thril the Connie is satisfactory. But not ideal... That Suzuki 1340 mill is by the far most powerful I've ever had in my drive... Would like to have that as an alternative ride....

I think though with all of us if money was no object we would have 10 or so bikes in the drive
          Last edited by Jedz123; 06-13-2016, 08:40 PM.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The GSX-R750 is awesome! It was my first bike so once I got comfortable with her, I was in awe. I loved the design and color. She is in my photo album in my profile.

Ed

Totally GSR creepin'

That's an 01??? Nice looking bike!!!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

"I think though with all of us if money was no object we would have 10 or so bikes in the drive "

Yep. Mine would be:

1968 Norton Commando
              1978 CBX
              1979 Ducati Darmah 900
              1984 RZ500
              1987 GSX-R 1100
              1988 BMW R100GS
              1999 Confederate America GT
              2000 Moto Guzzi Centauro
              2006 Honda XR650R
              2016 Honda F6B
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Totally GSR creepin'

That's an 01??? Nice looking bike!!!
                It's the 2000/Y2K "Superman" model (Because of the headlight). 135hp

Glad you like it!

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-14-2016, 07:55 AM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

It's the 2000/Y2K "Superman" model (Because of the headlight). 135hp

Glad you like it!

Ed
                  Ed...

Checking this out Sunday, keep you posted, it's an 01

Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Gixxah!

Jedz,

This is where I have that drooling emoji. Can't be bothered to add it in this reply.

I am drooling though...

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

It needs a bit of orange. Then it can be a vintage Shell bike!
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                        Okay here is my 2 cents. Had. 95 GSXR 750, it was ok but heavy and under powered, then I got my 97' GSXR 1100, basically another big heavy bike but with a few minor mods to the motor I got 148hp and 84 lbs of torque out of it so the weight was not as much as an issue. I also really liked the bike one I should have kept. I also had a 2002 TLR 10000R , very torquey low hp 128, high torque #'s 102. Very fun to ridebut small and compact for us big guy's. Also mine had a tre (timing retard eliminator) on it which made it basically impossible to ride around town as it wanted to float the front tire under all throttle positions. Use to have to shut it off in town.
                        Thanks Jim! I'm looking at an 01 right now (as shown on my post) I did my research and the 93 GSX-R is just a bit under powered and bit heavy... I'm looking to get into a bike that will be fun to blast on with some of my buddies that ride sport bikes. Last night I rode 50 miles on my buddies RVT 1000R it was a BLAST!... but the V-twin power delivery just isn't my style. I like the fizzle of a 4 cylinder. The power though of his RC51 is right where I want to be, figure the 750 would be a good class for I belive it competes with the 1000 twins???

Hey FYI I ended up taking out the secondaries in the Connie as you recommended... Low speed throttle response smoothed RIGHT out... There was also a noticeable increase in power. Bike will need a re-flash to cure the ignition retard and the lean conditions(Popping in the exhuast)... She's pretty nurtured in the first 2 gears. Guessing that's to help preserve tranny life though.

Ride safe as you travel out west! I'm headed out tomorrow to our NE GSR gathering for the weekend this weekend at Lurch's.
                        Last edited by Jedz123; 06-15-2016, 09:02 AM.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

It needs a bit of orange. Then it can be a vintage Shell bike!
                          I think it's gulf... But yeah I like where your going with it... That color combo on paper seems horrid but...

Looks gorgeous!

If I get the bike I'll buy one of these helmets!

... Or not.
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 06-15-2016, 09:16 AM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Bingo! Gulf it was. Damned cool color scheme.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Gixxah!

Here you go Ed... I folded. I was given an offer I couldn't refuse.
                              Nice shape... Runs like a top. 22K something miles. Brand New Pilot Road 2 tires... Jim was right not too fast but sure is a nice and complete specimen... Minus the V&H exhaust. I love the way it looks...

Jedz's first Gixxer...

..Man why do I want to watch Jurassic park all of a sudden???
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

I'm so excited for you Jedz!!!!!

Of course, I love her!!!!

GIXXAH!!!!!!!!

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X