How to make my GS650L Louder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy26 View Post
    .................................................. ........Wondering if I cut my pipes then if I will have to get it tuned again to be working properly. Thanks!
    Generally, yes, if alter exhaust much, I understand, it effects the carburation and you have to play games with rejetting and checking and rejetting and rechecking and rejetting. (I have not had opportunity to do that myself, but have seen it stated here plenty of times. I do know from first experience that any airbox or intake boot leaks cause problems.)

Hack off mufflers for open pipes to then annoys folks for blocks around and add those folks to all the people that already hate motorcycle for that very reason (and would vote to outlaws motorcycles).

Cut out the end of the muffler for loud exhaust to annoy the folks in nearby vehicals and add those folks to all the people that already hate motorcycles for that very reason (and would vote to outlaw motorcycles).

Drill holes in back end plate of the the muffler for a more raspy sound.

If exhaust system is stock and in good shape, it has a good resale value, put that towards a set of different exhaust.

Last edited by Redman; 06-24-2016, 01:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey guys I sold a bike. I sold it and bought a Harley!

Comment

Thats the most effective way to turn gasoline into useless noise and pizzzz poor horsepower..........congratulations.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Sportster?
          Dyna?
          Heritage?
          dresser?
          What?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Must be a real POS for the money you got for the 650L!
            81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Assuming this is true and not BS good job!

Leave the old surviving GS's the way they are for those who appreciate them.

Besides, if you ride a Harley all the people you don't know might look up for a 30 second period and go "Cool, that dude has a Harley" before going back to their lives.

Don't forget all the accessories (fake patches for the official Harley clothes you will need to buy.)

Comment

Originally posted by seanarthurmachado View Post
                Assuming this is true and not BS good job!

Leave the old surviving GS's the way they are for those who appreciate them.

Besides, if you ride a Harley all the people you don't know might look up for a 30 second period and go "Cool, that dude has a Harley" before going back to their lives.

Don't forget all the accessories (fake patches for the official Harley clothes you will need to buy.)
                Better that the old GSs decay in a barn somewhere rather than hacked into a cafe like mine, and enjoyed/discussed here, right?

Comment

Good for you. You sound like a typical (not all) HD owner. Loud is of utmost importance to you.

Comment

Originally posted by GSCafe View Post
                    Better that the old GSs decay in a barn somewhere rather than hacked into a cafe like mine, and enjoyed/discussed here, right?
                    Pretty much...

Comment

Originally posted by GSCafe View Post
                      A barn find can be fixed and restored... A butchered up hack job is only good for parts.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by yank View Post
                        Must be a real POS for the money you got for the 650L!
                        Payments, a lifetime of payments.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                          A barn find can be fixed and restored... A butchered up hack job is only good for parts.
                          I do have good advice for people on how to do these mods and still preserve the path back to stock. Mine can still be returned to stock, but I do plan to ride my butcher job for a long time to come since all the parts still seem to work together to take me down the road.

I like the Stone Mountain avatar, btw. Wish I could visit there again.

Comment

Working...
                          X