Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far Left Carb Leaking...Turning over but not firing up HELP

Hello,

Bought my gs650L and the guy I bought it from says he rebuilt the carbs and everything. I go to start it and it turns over (battery making noise and the exhaust kind of having some kick back) but its not firing up...noticed the left carb is leaking too....any help??

Originally posted by Sandy26 View Post
    Hello,

Bought my gs650L and the guy I bought it from says he rebuilt the carbs and everything. I go to start it and it turns over (battery making noise and the exhaust kind of having some kick back) but its not firing up...noticed the left carb is leaking too....any help??
    If he really did rebuild the carbs, it doesn't sound as if he did it correctly. Always take what the PO tells you with a grain of salt. Pull them off and do it right yourself. That way, you know they're done correctly. No shortcuts allowed...

Wait, aren't you the guy that asked how to make the exhaust louder, just for the sake of noise? Disregard my advice...

Comment

Yea the guy I bought it from cut the pipes, and it sounds like Im going to have to install new mufflers on it. So you're thinking its just a carb problem why its not starting up? could it be anything else? The bike is at 15000 miles.

Comment

These things need properly cleaned carbs with clean "choke" passages or they won't want to wake up. The "choke " is really an enrichment gizmo to feed extra fuel at cold startup- no extra fuel, it won't start!

probably other stuff needs attention- have you seen this link?

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X