No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granddaughter saying bye to our fuzzy foo foo doggie after an overnight visit.

Fuzzy Foo Foo Doggie out on disc golf course with me this afternoon.
    CAn see why sled dogs are not the fuzzy fuzzy kind.

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2018, 05:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

^^Hahaha!

Poor Fuzzy,

More of a cuddly dog than sleigh puller. It's a wonder you didn't lose him/her in the snow.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Kita used to pull my daughter on her saucer about 10 blocks away to the sledding hill. She loved it.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Foo Foo doggie adventure at a wooded county park today.
          Enjoys running ahead and running back.
          Is quite "nosy" when meets other dogs.

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2018, 05:21 PM. Reason: dern photbucket

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

35 degrees, sunny and calm, nice winter day.
            But still lots of salt on the road from the other day.

So went for another doggie walk in park.

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2018, 05:23 PM. Reason: dagblam photobucket

Comment

Awwww, Redman...

Your dog looks so happy and cuddly. The sunny weather makes for a spring in her step. No pun intended.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                They are lots of joy, but for me the pain when they leave, by far, out weighs that joy. My wife has one now & I'm already dreading when that day comes.
                Exactly my reason as well, watching them die at home or at the vet gets old, and makes you older. Love 'em to pieces, only to fall to pieces when the time comes-
                sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
                '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
                '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
                '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
                '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
                '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
                '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
                '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
                '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
                '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  I have the harness described in the video...I position it on top even though my wife said it goes under her neck on her chest.

Now my wife thinks I believe you instead of her. I'm always getting in trouble. (Sigh)

Ed
                  The harness worn with the leash attachment ring over the dog's back is correct.
                  Last edited by earlfor; 03-05-2017, 04:02 PM.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Speaking of harneses, we use one thats more like a head collar called a gentle leader. Our terrier would pull so hard that her front feet hardly touched the ground, and she'd choke herself. It took a little getting used to but absolutely stopped her pulling!

Today was spring cleaning.

Last edited by Burque73; 03-05-2017, 09:41 PM. Reason: added link
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by recycled64 View Post
                      Exactly my reason as well, watching them die at home or at the vet gets old, and makes you older. Love 'em to pieces, only to fall to pieces when the time comes-
                      My older dog is nearly 14. I think I will be OK with this one, no dog has ever had a better life. I am currently spending ~$200\]mo for special food and blood tests, but she is still active and in good shape. This will be the first time I can tell myself I did everything I could. I of course dread the day, but I don't want to see her suffer at all.

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why this is upside down. http://network-pros.com/dogs/angela.jpg is RSU.....
                      Flat coated retriever, my second. Best dogs ever.

Last edited by bobgroger; 03-06-2017, 02:03 AM.
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                        The harness worn with the leash attachment ring over the dog's back is correct.
                        Incorrect, the ring where the leash attaches goes on the dogs chest. It can be seen in the video linked in post # 101. With this particular harness, placing the ring on the dogs back would give you the result you are trying to eliminate.

Comment

I will probably always have a dog. The pain of their departure is many times offset by the joy of their presence. I always rescue dogs, and the current one, who is working on his 14th year, was found out by the horses back when I was married. Vet's best guess is that he is a dachshund/mini pin mix. I've had him for 13 years, and he is still a funny, zany little imp.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                            Incorrect, the ring where the leash attaches goes on the dogs chest. It can be seen in the video linked in post # 101. With this particular harness, placing the ring on the dogs back would give you the result you are trying to eliminate.
                            Just because someone puts something in print or makes a video is no guarantee it is correct. The most abundant thing on the net is misinformation. If you go to professional dog shows or training sessions, you will not see anyone with a harness that has it fitted with the leash ring on the dog's chest. The leash attachment must be inline with the force applied for a correction. If the attachment is on the chest, any force will try to rotate the harness around the body which cannot direct the dog. A lead that one can't lead with is useless.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              Just because someone puts something in print or makes a video is no guarantee it is correct. The most abundant thing on the net is misinformation. If you go to professional dog shows or training sessions, you will not see anyone with a harness that has it fitted with the leash ring on the dog's chest. The leash attachment must be inline with the force applied for a correction. If the attachment is on the chest, any force will try to rotate the harness around the body which cannot direct the dog. A lead that one can't lead with is useless.
                              I posted it because it worked for me, not because it is in print or on the internet. This harness does not rotate around the body, it's simple....the dog does not pull anymore with this harness.

I suppose what happens is if the dog does pull he will be turned in an unwanted direction. My dog learned almost immediately that it is senseless for him to pull with this harness on.

It's quite simple, it worked for my dog in the way the manufacturer intended it to. I am sure there are other good options.

Comment

FWIW

I have met Earl, and met his dogs.

I can say quite confidently he knows whereof he speaks.
                                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X