Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogs?

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone. Definitely a weird day today. Iíve walked by his now empty water bowls several times and had to stop myself from automatically grabbing them to fill up. I mistook a black sock on the laundry room floor as one of his paws as I approached the room, etc. Weíre not yet ready to pack his stuff up.

Iíve never as a kid or adult had to have a pet put to sleep ( my fatherís dog passed at home when I was in high school), and was surprised that we were allowed to stay in the room. Mixed feelings about it, but I think it was a good thing. It was gut wrenching seeing the kids and wifeís reactions thru my own gear filled eyes.

When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Sorry to hear of your loss Glen. Takes a while before you stop seeing him out of the corner of your eye. take heart in knowing you gave him the best life you could. To many dogs are abused and neglected.
    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
    Albums

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Our lab had to be put to sleep as well. She was just done, hiding from us, which was very uncharacteristic of her, and waiting for it to be over. We were in the room sitting on the floor with her. In fact, we brought our other dog in there too. The vet said it's good for the other dog to have closure otherwise they're always looking for their pal.

On another note, we sat down to eat dinner on Friday night and were alarmed by the sounds our neighbors dog was making. I went outside and heard the woosh of something swinging through the air, thump and YELP!

The a$$hat neighbor two houses over was beating her dog to death. I yelled over the wall for them to stop. Mind your business she said, we're having a conversation!

I jumped up on the 8 foot high cinderblock wall and crossed over two other backyards to see her swinging a frigging garden hose and whipping the crap out of a harmless brown dog. She ceased whipping the dog and came after me with the damn hose! At least the dog got a break. Seriously disturbed individual!

I argued for a moment with her and realized it wasn't going to end well, so came back home. I did report it to animal control and they followed up on it. It'll be interesting the next time I walk my dog down that street.

Gotta love the city!
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    Our lab had to be put to sleep as well. She was just done, hiding from us, which was very uncharacteristic of her, and waiting for it to be over. We were in the room sitting on the floor with her. In fact, we brought our other dog in there too. The vet said it's good for the other dog to have closure otherwise they're always looking for their pal.

On another note, we sat down to eat dinner on Friday night and were alarmed by the sounds our neighbors dog was making. I went outside and heard the woosh of something swinging through the air, thump and YELP!

The a$$hat neighbor two houses over was beating her dog to death. I yelled over the wall for them to stop. Mind your business she said, we're having a conversation!

I jumped up on the 8 foot high cinderblock wall and crossed over two other backyards to see her swinging a frigging garden hose and whipping the crap out of a harmless brown dog. She ceased whipping the dog and came after me with the damn hose! At least the dog got a break. Seriously disturbed individual!

I argued for a moment with her and realized it wasn't going to end well, so came back home. I did report it to animal control and they followed up on it. It'll be interesting the next time I walk my dog down that street.

Gotta love the city!

Roger,I'm glad you spoke-up for that dog's rights to Not get beaten,also glad you reported them.Dogs are at the mercy of owners to care for them.We need more dog rescue individuals.

Edit:I would also record what she was doing with my phone,for proof.
    Last edited by grcamna2; 06-06-2021 at 09:13 PM.

The a$$hat neighbor two houses over was beating her dog to death.......
    Can only hope there’s a special place in hell..... good that you intervened Roger.

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I did report it to animal control and they followed up on it.
    Thank you!
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Gotta love the city!
    Good on ya!! That is the ONE real hot button I have. No patience or tolerance for animal or child abuse. I would have made it a point to stop her until she assaulted me and she could be charged with that plus the animal cruelty.
    I support entropy for all.

Nearly all Covid deaths in the U S are unvaccinated people.

a bit of dog humour.........dog lovers will get it
    fark_-NU1FB03zpxh8ofgaOWuNJS13TU.jpg
    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
    Albums

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

The dog next door hasn't made any sound. Not a bark or whimper, nada! Hopefully animal control picked it up. I alerted the other neighbors to listen for those things and encouraged them to report it.

I've been replaying that moment over and over. If only I had the presence of mind to photo or video the confrontation there and how she treated the dog. if only this or that happened, was said, was wittnessed etc. Actually, my wife wittnessed it from our yard. She heard the exchange between us and saw the hose fly up at me. It was a weird mmoment, not like I was prepared for that to happen.
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 650Skull View Post
    a bit of dog humour.........dog lovers will get it
    fark_-NU1FB03zpxh8ofgaOWuNJS13TU.jpg
    How true. In my case, also three burglars. heh eh
    I support entropy for all.

Nearly all Covid deaths in the U S are unvaccinated people.