Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    The dog next door hasn't made any sound. Not a bark or whimper, nada! Hopefully animal control picked it up. I alerted the other neighbors to listen for those things and encouraged them to report it.

I've been replaying that moment over and over. If only I had the presence of mind to photo or video the confrontation there and how she treated the dog. if only this or that happened, was said, was wittnessed etc. Actually, my wife wittnessed it from our yard. She heard the exchange between us and saw the hose fly up at me. It was a weird moment, not like I was prepared for that to happen.
    That chit really incites me.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Good man, Roger. Hopefully the dog is out of there.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hey Glen, I am very sorry to hear about Max. I always find it comforting to think about how our dogs lived their best life, until the very end, as I am sure Max did.

It's never easy to make that decision of when it is time, but you always know when it is.

Rest in Peace, Max!

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Our home is forever changed. The clicking of claws on wood floors silenced. Dog beds empty and unused, no constant companion and mooch in the kitchen. My night walks will now be in solitary.
          From last Monday unitl this morning has been a long teary goodbye.

R.I.P. Max
          http://Max. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
          Went through that 2 years ago I feel your pain. Expected to see him every time I came home for a year, an entire year before I could move his pillows to storage, bowls are still in place. My kids wanted to buy me a replacement but I'm not sure I want to go through that again.
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

I’ve never as a kid or adult had to have a pet put to sleep ( my father’s dog passed at home when I was in high school), and was surprised that we were allowed to stay in the room. Mixed feelings about it, but I think it was a good thing. It was gut wrenching seeing the kids and wife’s reactions thru my own gear filled eyes.
            I was surprised by the vet hospital we took our ailing pup to, death was only hours off, either cancer or strychnine poisoning was the diagnosis. We given the option of a $9K surgery with little chance of surviving the procedure or euthanized, so real option. The hospital had a hospice room for pets that looked like someones living room, pup was wheeled in on a table with oxygen and we were allowed all the time we wanted to be with him take final family pics and buzzed the vet when we were ready. It was very, very hard.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Roger and Glen...

I'm sorry to hear of your recent losses. Our new guy has only been in the house for 11 days, and I'm already missing him when he's out with one of the ladies of the house or I'm at work. I think I'll probably be an emotional wrecking ball when its his time. Speaking of which, this is Raffie, aka Raffie J, around 8 weeks old. Why the J.? Because we all have a "J" in our first of middle names.

He turned 10 w.o. today, and here he is at a comfy lunch spot. That microsuite he is in costs $300,000 CDN, LOL!

It's been 30 years since I've had a puppy, and he is our first as a family
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Roger and Glen...

I'm sorry to hear of your recent losses. Our new guy has only been in the house for 11 days, and I'm already missing him when he's out with one of the ladies of the house or I'm at work. I think I'll probably be an emotional wrecking ball when its his time. Speaking of which, this is Raffie, aka Raffie J, around 8 weeks old. Why the J.? Because we all have a "J" in our first of middle names.

He turned 10 w.o. today, and here he is at a comfy lunch spot. That microsuite he is in costs $300,000 CDN, LOL!

It's been 30 years since I've had a puppy, and he is our first as a family
                Nice Dog !

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
                  Nice Dog !
                  Thanks. He is a Lagotto Romagnolo, or as Bob Groger likes to say, a lab, but costs 4x as much.

We're not sure about the Lake part of the name, as he gave us the most pitiable look when we introduced him to water in the bathtub over the weekend. He's getting the retriever part down, but there are signs his sniffer is not up to snuff (LOL!), and I don't think we'll truffle-train him.

He'll get to about 19" and 35lbs, so a decent medium-sized dog. Large enough to help me out in the fields and marshes, but not so large he'd be out of place in our apartment. Lucky for me, I'll be able to bring him to my lab a couple of times a week once my wife goes back to working out of her office a couple of buildings over from me on campus.
                  '83 GS650G

Comment

Thanks. He is a Lagotto Romagnolo, or as Bob Groger likes to say, a lab, but costs 4x as much.
                    Congratulations on a great dog, very social, intelligent and particularly adept at being a snuggler.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      Congratulations on a great dog, very social, intelligent and particularly adept at being a snuggler.
                      Thanks, Earl.

We didn't have to work hard on the snuggling. His two favourites place to be right now are at momma's feet in her work-from-home closet office, or in someone's lap, sitting on the floor. He's finding his legs and REALLY wants to join us on the couch, bed, balcony...

EDIT- just started working with IMGUR, and I have to figure out the resizing feature

Last edited by BigD_83; 06-15-2021, 01:39 PM.
                      '83 GS650G

Comment

Thanks, Earl.

We didn't have to work hard on the snuggling. His two favourites place to be right now are at momma's feet in her work-from-home closet office, or in someone's lap, sitting on the floor. He's finding his legs and REALLY wants to join us on the couch, bed, balcony...

EDIT- just started working with IMGUR, and I have to figure out the resizing feature

Yep, looks about right. LOL He might prefer she hold him on her shoulder with one hand and work with the other though. heh eh

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                          Yep, looks about right. LOL He might prefer she hold him on her shoulder with one hand and work with the other though. heh eh

LOL

Comment

We spent a good couple of hours finding and removing tics from our terrier Maddie on Sunday. They must have just latched on as we couldn't feel them through her fur yet. We pulled a dozen or so about the size of poppy seeds. Got pics, but they're gross.

Washed all the bedding, sprayed the furniture, treated Maddie with anti tic oil stuff. Hoping they're gone now.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

By far the worst season for tics in my Region as well.
                              If Maddie had them good chance you could have picked some up too.
                              We spray before hiking and do a tic check when we are done.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

My dog

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X