X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear, it sucks.......
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Trevor, very sad. Sorry to hear. She has had it as good as it gets. Enjoy the time you have left. It think it is more difficult knowing the end is near for any family member. For what it’s worth, I think no chemo is the better choice in this case.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Trevor, I'm sorry to hear about Oreo.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Trevor....Very sorry to hear this.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks very much guys. We all know we will have to deal this one day when we sign up to get a dog in our lives. Dogs seem to give way more than they get in life. It just feels so unfair.
            No signature

Comment

Sorry to hear the news, Trevor. It's been one hard blow after another for you, for some time now.

It's hard to believe Oreo is 12 y.o. That's a pretty good run for a dog, but we can never have enough time with them. By not choosing the chemo, I think you'll be able to fill the time you have left together with plenty of good memories and let her live the best life she can for the duration.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Sorry to hear the news, Trevor. It's been one hard blow after another for you, for some time now.

It's hard to believe Oreo is 12 y.o. That's a pretty good run for a dog, but we can never have enough time with them. By not choosing the chemo, I think you'll be able to fill the time you have left together with plenty of good memories and let her live the best life she can for the duration.
                Thanks Derek...yep it's been a tough twelve months....first my wife was in serious condition in the hospital with a blood infection that attacked an already bad heart...then my motorcycle accident, then my dad died in February and now my dog is dying...oh and covid....lol... but I have plenty to be thankful for.
                Me and Oreo drove up island today to drop off my new Suzuki for service today.
                No signature

Comment

Ahhh, man!

So sorry to hear this about Oreo. 12 years is a long time...but it's never enough time.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Well.... there's talk about getting another dog. The decision is between my wife and younger son. I'm on the sidelines on this one. They both seem to be a bit hesitant and seem waiting on each other to say go...

It would be nice to have another dog.

Its probably going to be a from rescue this time instead of a breeder like we did with Max.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Breeding stock or rescues, all pups have the ability to bring joy into our lives. We went with a purebred, and a large part of that decision was not being able to connect with a rescue. OF course, my need (ahem...desire) for a gun dog played a large role in our decision.

Here's your morning smile. Raffie at 6 months old:

'83 GS650G

Comment

Hey, BigD. Just out of curiosity, I know Labradoodles have become a popular designer breed, and Raffle looks like a great example (if I'm not wrong). Hope he's a good bird-dog for you. Are Labradoodles considered a legit breed? Again, not that I care if anyone owns a purebred or a mutt. To each their own. I seem to recall the AKC being kind of snooty about who can belong to their club. Just curious is all.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Hey Rich.

Raffie is a Lagotto Romagnolo, a breed that has been around since at least the 1400s out of the Bologna region of Italy. They are considered to be the original water retrievers and the grandfather of all of the water retrievers (Portguese WD, Spanish WD, Poodles, etc). We get asked all the time if he is a doodle, though, as there are many similarities.

Labradoodles can be most excellent dogs in my opinion, and I have known a number of them over the years, but not many are used for hunting. I think that is partially a case of snobbery, but also gun-dogs do need a certain temperament, and you'll find most gun dogs come from lines of proven gun-dogs. I do know of a few that have excelled as retrievers.

Raffie is a bit of an experiment on our part. The breeder from whom we got Raffie is not known for producing hunting dogs, but the LR was originally one, but the modern use is more in searching for truffles, a rather lucrative business. I'm going to start intoducing him to the field this fall.

We had also been looking at Australian labradoodles, which are completely different beasts altogether, and are now officially recognized as a breed of their own. I don't know if the AKC/CKC are past themselves to recognize them as such, however.
                          '83 GS650G

Comment

Cool, thanks. Hunted with a few good labs, a German Short Hair Pointer, and the odd beagle back in the day. Never heard of the LR. Thought for sure it was a doodle, even googled it. Very similar.

Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Meet Lily.
                              We met and picked her up from a rescue today.
                              The meet up went well, the 2.5 hour car ride went well. She was a bit timid at home for a few hours, but now she's exploring the house.
                              She's supposedly a Lab / Shepherd mix. I care not about pedigree though. She's beautiful.
                              http://Lily by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Hi Lily. Congratulations on finding a kind soul like Glen to wrap around your not so little paw.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X