No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oreo got to visit Santa this year again...

No signature

Comment

Is this a first?
      They checked with the CAA and checked the MTOW and had time to cook the sausage
      Last edited by Brendan W; 01-20-2022, 05:17 PM.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Rocco got a new jacket for his first Gotcha-versary.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

We got the DNA results for our “Lab Shepherd mix”.

36.8 % Pitbull.
          22.5 % Rottweiler
          13.2 % Chow Chow
          13.2 % Labrador Retriever
          10.2 % German Shepherd
          4.1 % Collie.

She is doing well and 49 lbs at last checkup a couple of weeks ago.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            We got the DNA results for our “Lab Shepherd mix”.

36.8 % Pitbull.
            22.5 % Rottweiler
            13.2 % Chow Chow
            13.2 % Labrador Retriever
            10.2 % German Shepherd
            4.1 % Collie.

She is doing well and 49 lbs at last checkup a couple of weeks ago.
            Interesting. I've been promising myself to run a DNA check our pup, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Which test kit did you use? And what did you think?
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

We used Embark. Having no prior experience, it seemed good. We got the program that does DNA and also checks for / predicts potential future health issues. On the health front she showed no predisposition to major health concern which was nice to hear. It took 3-4 weeks to get results.

It was pretty simple. Swab her cheek, place the swab in a bottle of stabilizing solution, put it in the pre addressed package, and send it off. I waited until her afternoon lazy time to do it.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

We used Embark. Having no prior experience, it seemed good. We got the program that does DNA and also checks for / predicts potential future health issues. On the health front she showed no predisposition to major health concern which was nice to hear. It took 3-4 weeks to get results.

It was pretty simple. Swab her cheek, place the swab in a bottle of stabilizing solution, put it in the pre addressed package, and send it off. I waited until her afternoon lazy time to do it.
                Very good...thank you.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Lily got spayed on Thursday. She’s recovering well, but has to wear the cone to keep her from the stitches. She’s certainly not accustomed to having a head twice as wide as normal and keeps hitting things. With the cone, she looks like a vacuum cleaner when she’s sniffing at the ground. She is now at 52 lbs and seems to be slowing down in the growth department. She’s a nice manageable size now.

I find the differences between her and Max to be interesting. Max was strong like a bull and 120 plus lbs. He could move pretty quickly for his size, but wasn’t particularly graceful.
                  Lily on the other hand is incredibly nimble, quick, and light on her feet. Watching her run, leap, and pounce on things is both joyous and humorous. She has also become very affectionate and likes to snuggle in when any of us are sitting on the couch.... unless there’s afternoon sun shining in. Then she’s laying in the sun like a cat.
                  sigpic

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Glen,
                    You, of all people, should know better than to make such a post without an accompanying, obligatory photograph.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Duly noted. .
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

IMG_6213 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Pearl leads a life of leisure to say the least.......
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Just an update.. Lily is doing great. I need to upload a current pic, but in the meantime a question my wife was wondering about was inadvertently answered over the weekend. I was going out for a ride on Sunday and after having all of my gear on, including my helmet, i had to pop inside of the house to grab something. Seeing this strage figure, Lily went into full protection mode. Vicious sounding barking, and she wouldn't let me move. She didn't lunge at me or try to bite me, but definitely held me at bay. It seems the question of security is answered.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Just an update.. Lily is doing great. I need to upload a current pic, but in the meantime a question my wife was wondering about was inadvertently answered over the weekend. I was going out for a ride on Sunday and after having all of my gear on, including my helmet, i had to pop inside of the house to grab something. Seeing this strage figure, Lily went into full protection mode. Vicious sounding barking, and she wouldn't let me move. She didn't lunge at me or try to bite me, but definitely held me at bay. It seems the question of security is answered.
                            That's normal behavior. My four are definitely a deterrent. heh eh Having 36" tall dog doors spaced here and there probably also makes a statement. lol
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Update on Oreo...as I said here in August of 2021 it was discovered that she has bladder cancer and the vet gave her 4-6 months without chemo....being 12 years old we decided not to put her through chemo and went the medication route to help with flow and any pain she might have.
                              Well here we are almost 10 months later and she turned 13 in March. Went I went away for two weeks to California, y wife told e it was pretty hard on Oreo...but since I have been back she has come around again.
                              I'm supposed to ride back to Ontario in July for 3-4 weeks but now I don't think I can leave her again. If she was to die while I was away I don't think I could ever forgive myself.
                              No signature

Comment

aw...poor ol' dawg..so dam hard ...critters aren't going to tell you if they'd rather be dead and it's so hard to tell if they are really hurting or not. I know I wouldn't want to be offed if I groan a bit from rheumatism!

Comment

Working...
                                X