No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love a rescue dog....Good for you two!
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Zola is a great looking dog. Congrats!
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks guys! She's such a sweet puppy but unfortunately because she's a Pitbull mix many folks didn't want her. Our gain and we are so lucky to have her. My sister has 2 rescue pits and they are absolutely loving and protective dogs. I can't imagine that Zola was abandoned and left to rot. She's from the streets of SC but luckily for her and us she was taken up by a local agency. The Agency brings dogs from the streets and shelters from the south to families up here in the north after a full health check-up, immunizations, spay, de-worm and microchipped.

Anyway, we are super blessed! Looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.

Thanks all for the kind words!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Originally posted by Ray916MN View Post
            New puppy at 8 weeks. 10 lbs.

At 11 weeks, 18 lbs, learning to guard

Daaaaaannnng soooonnnn, that's a heck of a garage !
            We have 2 dogs. PupAya who is a Leopard Catahoula/ Black Mouth Cur mix and Bayek who is an American Bulldog.
            Bayek is the Big Galoot who broke my knee. He's 90 lbs of pure muscle and has a congenital eye defect so he has really bad eyesight, hence him plowing into my leg. But he's a huge sissy.

Mad
            83 GS750E
            2006 ZX14
            2004 KTM 450 EXC
            2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Most of you remember Beau....He'll be two in August, and appears to be done growing.
              We were lucky to adopt him. Not only is he smart, and well behaved, he looks good and knows it.

Beau outdoors... by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Very handsome Beau you got there, Bob!

We have "Azshara", our black lab that my youngest brought with her to live with us last year. My son-in-law did one term in the USAF and got out...now using his GI Bill to study to be an architect. So, we are empty-nesters no more!

Our eldest and her husband lived with us for a couple of years before they moved to Maryland...son-in-law is working for a Pharmaceutical company and she is working on her Master Degree.

It's good to have our kids at home...they can tolerate us for the duration of their transition and my wife and I appreciate the time spent with us.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Here's the one that turned out to be my all time favorite, this is one with similar markings and not him. He was in my life before Al Gore invented the internet so I don't have any pictures to post. Hooked up with a woman who raised him from a pup, he was five years old when we met and two years later when she packed up to leave he refused to get into the car with her. Purebred Keeshond, I'd love to have another but they don't come cheap.

KeeshondSadie11yearsold2.jpg
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Beau is a beauty, Bob.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Beau is so grown up!

Definitely grown to be a handsome man!

Our Rescue Zola turns 2 on Sunday (approximately but we set a date for her based on the Vet's best guess), Couldn't be more in love...

She's my chocolate dipped pit bull, Since we've now had her for the better part of 4 months she's really filled out.

I have since taught her several commands, we often walk now without a leash and on the leash she's become very obedient. The bond is unreal you forge with these creatures.

Unfortunately I have discovered Zola has a extreme fear of motorcycles.... Which put a damper on plans to ride together.

It's actually been a good thing, I go on more walk and runs with her, I've lost 12lbs since I got her... More to life that just racking miles, learning that from my dog.

Life is good with a dog!!!

Best,
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 03-19-2021, 06:41 AM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Zola is look good.

You've gotten through the first three months, which is when they really start to settle in.

The motorcycle thing might still work out with time and patience, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Zola is look good.

You've gotten through the first three months, which is when they really start to settle in.

The motorcycle thing might still work out with time and patience, but you never know.
                          Thanks Bob!

I think I won't be heart broken either way, maybe once she sees me riding it every day she will come around to the idea. The good thing with her is she's been so receptive to me and my structure I give her that in time I think it's going to be fine. We will see how she feels one the season really opens up.

We have had a few mishaps along the way but in the end I've done my best to keep her body and mind active through reward and recognition. She's my first dog as an adult and she's just come so far in the time we have had her. I also cannot believe the amount of love I have for this dog. It is true, you end up loving your dog more than most people.

Best,
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

There have been a few cougar attacks on dogs being walked in the last couple of weeks in Vancouver .... But owners are getting creative armoring up the little fellers ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Take doggie for walk downtown.
                              He must remember that in the summer the door to this place (dog supply store) is usally open, and he wants to go in.

either that or he can read......

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I got a doggo in January. Rocco is 4 months old, I don't think he's going to get very big (he's about ten pounds now), and judging by his reaction to the traintracks 100 yards from my house (he HATES trains) he'll not be a motorcycle riding hound.
                                Beagle mix, and it looks like there's Dachshund in there too.
                                We start puppy lessons next week and I'm excited to break the bad habits we've acquired.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X