No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish we got Zola as a puppy. There was allot of bad habits we had to break, chasing things, chewing, not being able to leave dogs and others alone, horrid leash etiquette. I still work with her for at least an hour a day. Down to leash etiquette which has gotten allot better. I hope to be able to walk her without a leash.

Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Thanks. I had forgotten how much work a puppy is, but she has definitely bought some needed joy to the house.
      There have been some added work we didn't think of. When we moved to our current location years ago, Max was full grown so things like small gaps in the fence and the Hosta which is poisious to dogs had to be quickly addressed.
      I'm looking forward to her getting the rest of her shots (next Tuesday) so we can take her for walks.
      When we brought Beau home, he could slip right through the bars in the fence.
      Had to leash walk him for the first three months or so.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      I wish we got Zola as a puppy. There was allot of bad habits we had to break, chasing things, chewing, not being able to leave dogs and others alone, horrid leash etiquette. I still work with her for at least an hour a day. Down to leash etiquette which has gotten allot better. I hope to be able to walk her without a leash.

Best,
      Understand. We've always adopted full grown dogs, and our older dog still has issues we never resolved.
      Beau is our first newly born pup, and although it is a lot of work, it is paying off very well.

Don't get me wrong, I have no regrets about the four grown dogs we rescued.
      They needed a home, and every one was special.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

So far so good. She had a vet visit last Tuesday. 17 pounds at the visit. Potty training is going reasonably well. Shes a ball of energy or a snuggler. Still another month for one more shot then she can go out in public. Shes a bit tough to photograph as she often runs to the camera when she sees it. She also tried to eat a lens cap....
        http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Such a cutie. Thanks for reminding me to make an appointment for Zoey to update Canine Cough and Lyme Vaccines. Pic for attention.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Our dog Oreo as I said before does not have long on this earth because of cancer....I'm cherishing every day we have with her...she pretty much goes everywhere with me...well always has...I really am scared how I'm going to handle this loss

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              So far so good. She had a vet visit last Tuesday. 17 pounds at the visit. Potty training is going reasonably well. Shes a ball of energy or a snuggler. Still another month for one more shot then she can go out in public. Shes a bit tough to photograph as she often runs to the camera when she sees it. She also tried to eat a lens cap....on Flickr
              Most of the vets, trainers, and other dog professionals we have talked to agree that socialization is equal or more important that shielding the dogs from a (relatively) low risk of disease. That is, there is not much need to keep them 100 % hidden away until their vaccines are done. They also say that introducing them to other dogs at the same age/size/vaccine status is the safest way to socialize them, but brief hellos with other, older, fully vaccinated dogs is okay, too.

Of course, if you live in an area where parvovirus is running rampant, caution is advised.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Not sure about Parvovirus here (I'm in New Jersey but she came from a rescue a few hours away), but a couple of her littermates had it. She has met a few local dogs thru the fence. I would tend to agree with you, but my wife will be following the advice of vet who she has great respect for.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Update pics of wifey's doggiee.
                  If you ask I say is an AKC registered FFFF dog (Fuzzy Fuzzy Foo Foo).

WHen got it 8 years ago, (at age estimated at 1 year) the shelter said was a mix of blah1 and blah2. The veterinarian said was a mix of blah2 and blah3 and we could get a DNA test for something like 150$. THe groomer said was a mix of Bischon and Maltese and the grooming was going to cost more, and needs to be groomed every 4-6 weeks. Oh.....
                  (we do about 8-10 weeks)

Knowledgeable people seem to agree with the Bischon-Maltese.

Some people ask us if is a "Daisey Dog", some people just say that looks just like a "Daisey Dog".
                  I wondered, huh, what is a Daisey Dog.
                  I found there is (or was at the time) a breeder about 50-60 miles away that advertises thier dogs as Daisy Dogs, Starting at $900 but most are like $1200-1400-1600 and some over $2000. Oh.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

“Daisey Dog”. I wonder. Named after the Bumsteads’ dog in the Blondie movies?

Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      “Daisey Dog”. I wonder. Named after the Bumsteads’ dog in the Blondie movies?

HUm,,, maybe. Does look kinda like that.
                      Although the dog Daisy in the Blondie films was said to be more Spanial-Terrier.

Ours seems to be more Bischon-Malteese-Yorkie, but again, we didnt care enough to spend any much money to find out.

THe ones the breeder advertised as Daisey Dogs with color patches like that were the ones that cost more.

Ours did have dark ears till it was about 3 or 4 years old.

Here is pic (about 8 years ago) when first brought home from shelter, and a couple days later after first grooming. Groomer asked wife lots of questions about how want ears, eyebrows, mustache, tail, legs. Wife didnt know. I suppose it is fluffy enough that can make look a few different looks.

All that white fluffy fur, but skin is a dark pink with brown spots. When all wet in the tub, looks more like a pig.

Last edited by Redman; 10-27-2021, 05:34 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        HUm,,, maybe. Does look kinda like that.
                        Although the dog Daisy in the Blondie films was said to be more Spanial-Terrier.

Ours seems to be more Bischon-Malteese-Yorkie, but again, we didnt care enough to spend any much money to find out.

THe ones the breeder advertised as Daisey Dogs with color patches like that were the ones that cost more.

Ours did have dark ears till it was about 3 or 4 years old.

All that white fluffy fur, but skin is a dark pink with brown spots. When all wet in the tub, looks more like a pig.

And when it barks, does it sound like pig-latin?
                        Sorry Dave, I couldn't help myself.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

arkbay, arkbay. oofway, oofway.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Again, when are we going to get a "like" button?
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

No signature

Comment

Lily got her first bath today. She wasn’t a fan, but didn’t struggle either. Potty training is getting better and better. Accidents are becoming rare, but she still pees a little on occasion when excited. Oddly enough she won’t pee or poop on walks yet.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X