Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Yes. I call ours a Labrador Getter. He will get something. ... bring it back? Not so much.
    Madaket used to be an amazing retriever. Incredible Frisbee dog. These days though this is what she looks like... She's mostly blind and can't catch anything. She will be 15 in January if she makes it that long.

Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My little biter.

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Jethro, beautiful pic of your dog. Sorry to hear of her condition.
        Our guy is now on anti siezure meds, and has the beginning of bad hips. It has slowed him down quite a bit.
        The younger son and Max last night- he was trying to put my hat on the dog.
        http://
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I Saw these guys on the road the other day. The stoplight was just long enough to say hi and snap a pic.

Just trying out flickr for my pics, hope it works.

ugh, gotta figure this out!
          Last edited by Burque73; 10-09-2016, 11:31 PM. Reason: pic didn't work
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Just had to have my doggie put down on Friday. 15+ year old Lab, Blackie. Miss him dearly, he left a big hole.

His daily frolic with the mail carrier:

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Sorry to hear. I dread that day, especially for my kids' sake. My younger son has had a special bond with Max since they met.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Think it was Kevin Bacon (played a grumpy, serious Dad) in some movie , he said dogs "Are a heartbreak waiting to happen"...

So far It's been true.
                Before I knew anything about my neighbors much, the one across from us/adjacent( a single mom of one I think), was calling her dog over and over and I was out in the yard that morning (nobody else home at time).

Anyway, the funny thing her dog's name sounds exactly like my name (she's real bad dog person, always talking to him like,"Why are you not listening...?",,,repeating commands and such sillyness) .
                So she's saying come here now! [dog's name sounds like mine] Come here now!"
                Like that.
                When I looked up (because it's weird this lady calling my name saying all this, She was in front door wearing only a bath robe!!!
                I was like what the...really?" and she sees me steady looking ...THEN I notice this huge black pit-bull mix bopping up her stairs finally. She's looking at me embarrassed.
                I'm thinking why the heck she named her dog after me?
                When she found out my name she was surprised.
                It was memorable, funny is all.
                But yep dogs are always a heartbreak! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                  Just had to have my doggie put down on Friday. 15+ year old Lab, Blackie. Miss him dearly, he left a big hole.

http://vid807.photobucket.com/albums...psxschko63.mp4
                  Very sorry for your loss Allie. I hug our Isis every day. We appreciate her and show her love every time she looks at us. Prayers for you.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Allie, so sorry for your loss.
                    Great clip....no need for a security system with Blackie around.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post

http://vid807.photobucket.com/albums...psxschko63.mp4
                      So sorry Allie. You will have a period of pain and grief, but look back at the 15 years of a best friend, that is priceless. And when you are ready there is another one waiting.
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Had a sadly funny event today.
                        Max had a fairly pronounced limp on our walk last night, so I cut it short. It was worse this morning. We took him to the vet. We used my car because he can no longer jump into my wife's Honda Pilot. He didnt seem to like the soft and narrow back seats, so on the ride home, I put them down so he could sit / lay down easier- they are the lay down flat type. We took off from a light and Max s l o w l y slid into the trunk, where he was quite content to ride with just his head peering into the car. All was well.... Until we got home. He couldnt get back into the car, so I had to pop the trunk and lift 129 lbs. of Lab out.... my back hurts......
                        Last edited by dorkburger; 10-10-2016, 10:33 PM.
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Had a sadly funny event today.
                          Max had a fairly pronounced limp on our walk last night, so I cut it short. It was worse this morning. We took him to the vet. We used my car because he can no longer jump into my wife's Honda Pilot. He didnt seem to like the soft and narrow back seats, so on the ride home, I put them down so he could sit / lay down easier- they are the lay down flat type. We took off from a light and Max s l o w l y slid into the trunk, where he was quite content to ride with just his head peering into the car. All was well.... Until we got home. He couldnt get back into the car, so I had to pop the trunk and lift 129 lbs. of Lab out.... my back hurts......
                          That's funny. My old lab is content in confined spots too. She's always under a desk or in the corner of the bathroom. In the car she usually sits up to poke her snout out the window. I have to lift her rear end up to get in now. She's only 60lbs though, at almost 130, you're going to need a tommy lift soon!
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

AKC registered foo-foo doggie

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just for them!

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Whenever I see a "dog thread" I tend to think maybe it's about peoples' dog names for password back-up question. And why does like every site that has back-up question ask the same questions?
                                Silly...Maybe a little over-protective OR not (that) stupid .

Anyway, I was running late this AM and cut across grass and yep, got to work and had some doggy POOP on my boot sole! URGH! (Most people around where I live walk around with a baggy and pick up their doggy dooty...
                                There's a company with painted ford ranger trucks and all that park on the street called "Dooty-Calls" "We Scoop poop" or such (green truck w/ cap and cartoon dog and all)...
                                First time I realized what it was, I was thinking , "THAT is one job I wouldn't do, I'd hold a sign for money BEFORE that job" ...No way I'd clean up somebody elses' dog poop for them!

Funny thing, One of the trucks was somehow a rental. There's a waste disposal permit and all on them.

..."Zoonoses" that's term for diseases transferable from animals to humans...think with cats there's a few thousand ...literally.

The one I really get ticked off is when they're walking their dog taking up the sidewalk AND expect/force others to walk in the mud (so their dog can occupy the sidewalk or trail) ...I really resent that one.

My one relative bought a puppy "Yellow-Lab" with papers and all.
                                Turned out to grow HUGE and had floppy ears and "Bayed" alot because it was half hound dog!!!
                                She got ticked when his ears got all stinky and the vet says, "It's a common problem with this breed Hounds" LOL.
                                So then at very young the dog went blind, completely. Had to sniff minutes around for a ball to retrieve for example. (Good at that because hounds ALWAYS sniff, course his ears were always messed up too).

It was a ginormous messed up dog. Very friendly though the poor guy.
                                So she asked me to sit for her while on vacation. Gave me some toys and his large "sleeping"Pillow
                                Actually all he'd do was scatch the carpet up, like trying to dig and hump this pillow thing and growl ...like 100+ pound dog just using his pillow "toy" thing alright...I was downright ticked she sent the pillow, as if didn't know he'd be tearing up the living room doin' the nasty in his own world for hours on end LOL.

Took him for a walk and he couldn't even barely walk right because half deaf and completely blind.
                                Started thinking of "offing" the feller and tell her he ran off/got lost just to save her some years of dealing with ...Bad idea.
                                BUT when it was time to bring him back he would not get in the car. UNTIL, I started loading his toys and once I picked up his pillow girlfriend thing (By one corner w/ arm outstretched ,the big beast growled at me and chased it right into back of the car, he was really attached!

Sad thing was later they found out his eyes were curable (cataracts) BUT cost couple thousands $.
                                Got idea my niece could maybe sell some art-work of hers (she was young, into crafts stuff) online and mention the cause of dog's eye-surgery w profit...By then he passed away though (because they never live very long)...The end (That's my "ol yeller" story anyway)...

Comment

Working...
                                X