Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    I couldn't wait til Sunday.

I saw this band a few years ago, New Year's Eve show in Pittsburgh. Maybe not to everyone's taste. But I'm a Bari-Sax player, so, yeah, I really dig Leo Pellegrino and Too Many Zooz, maybe you will too. They don't do all that many covers, but here's a new cover from them. I think Kurt would be OK w/it.

That was great!
    Better the second time when i closed my eyes.
    No doubt an excellent band for something like a New Years Eve Bash.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Playing around with a mid 60's Lucas K2F magneto so this song came to mind. Not for the faint of heart, I can't imagine what the people watching thought. The instrumentals drew me in and the singing put me off but then it sort of grew on me overall. Gives me a Charles Manson/Les Claypool vibe.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        This is so darn cool.
        Cool weird cool good, very unique.
        1981 GS1100E
        1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

I never listened to this song, I always skipped it because I thought it was a story about a kid who shot up a school. I saw an interview where band members told what the song was about. A kid who was picked on very badly named Jeremy. One day Jeremy brought a gun to school, went to the front of class tossed the teacher an apple, placed the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. All at once after hearing the story, the monster became some type of twisted victim. It has become one of my top 20 favorites to play on guitar.

1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            I couldn't wait til Sunday.

I saw this band a few years ago, New Year's Eve show in Pittsburgh. Maybe not to everyone's taste. But I'm a Bari-Sax player, so, yeah, I really dig Leo Pellegrino and Too Many Zooz, maybe you will too. They don't do all that many covers, but here's a new cover from them. I think Kurt would be OK w/it.

You struck anote wit me. Remember them from a few years aggo.
            Interesting they're still together.
            Earlier vintage fave:
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Yes, saw Lucky Chops at a club in Philly. Fantastic. Leo P was with Lucky Chops, now he’s with Too Many Zooz.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The Zac Brown Band? Are they any good? Well, I'm going to go see them this Friday night at Blossom Music Center. It's a outdoor venue
                with pavilion and lawn seating. I'm sure it will be a great concert. I'll be with good company. My friend Amy has been down and out lately. So a night out on the town should pick her back up again. This will be a no alcohol night for us. Amy can't drink, she's trying to give it up. I told her I won't drink either, I don't want to temp her into drinking... I'm sure it will be a fun night out.👍
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Zac Brown Band - not a fan,personally, so sue me. It’s a Jimmy Buffett parrot head crowd that I just never really dug. If you’re into that, you may like it. They are very popular, though. They sell out all over. My Brother and his wife make a trip from Long Island to see them at Hersheypark every year. They really like Zac Brown. They don’t stop to see me though, even though I don’t live that far from there. It’s just as well. His wife kicked my mom out of her house a few years ago when my brother was sick in the hospital and I took my mom to LI so she could help out. I had to go get her a week later when SIL told her she should leave. Long story. I’m not a fan of my SIL, LI, or the Band. I think I shared too much, sorry.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Well, I just listened to three of his songs, all mentioned alcohol in one way or the other. So we'll see. It's not my kind of music either. I don't like that twangy, rhymey type of music.(country) But it's about getting my friend out for a good time.
                    My Motorcycles:
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)

Comment

ZZ top's connection to Jimi Hendrix

ZZ Top has been in the spotlight since Dusty passed. Billy Gibbons has an interesting past. Both of his parents were into various performance arts. They helped some newbies as they tried to climb the ladder. Billy got his first guitar for his 13th birthday, and his parents set him up with lessons. His teacher wasn't famous in 1962 when he taught Billy. The teacher was a little known musician named James Marshall, most people know him by his stage name Jimi Hendrix. I cant even imagine Jimi playing as an old man, it would be co cool. Jimi at the age of 27 chased a dragon, when he caught it....it ate him. Hey Joe from the Monterey Pop festival in 67, the performance that made Jimi famous.

1981 GS1100E
                      1982 GS1100E

Comment

I should have listened to Rich. Zac Brown, one of the worst concerts I've ever been to. Apparently they don't have enough material to fill a two hour show. If you're going to rip off another band, at least acknowledge that band at the end of the song. "A little Alman Brothers for you"... Well, unless you send them a big check for using their song... It was one cover song after another. Leave Van Morrison's "The Mystic" alone! It doesn't need your country twang put to it.
                        The country crowd was a little different. When you have pretty young girls plus alcohol, you're going to have fights. And there were a few. They actually stopped the show at one point cause of a big fight down front!
                        Oh, another thing. Leave your political views on the tour bus! I don't want to here about how crazy the world is...
                        I don't know, I just don't get this new country music. Just give me some old time Rock&Roll.
                        My Motorcycles:
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)

Comment

It has been a while since I heard this one.
                          Take a Ride - Don Felder, Heavy Metal Soundtrack

1981 GS1100E
                          1982 GS1100E

Comment

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

New talent, she is showing up in a lot of places.
                              1981 GS1100E
                              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Rick James connection to Neil Young

In a band together in Canada. (James was dodging the military.) I had no idea until I saw the great new film on cable about James. Also surprised me a bit how erudite, educated and sophisticated he sounded in conversation.
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X