Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well it not Sunday but check out this Canadian band...wow he still sounds great. Turn it up!!
      No signature

Comment

Hey Trev, was gonna come here a couple days ago and mention Rick Dankos Birthday. Better late than never.....

Though not the star of The Band, bassist Rick Danko was a third of the group's vocal structure that served as its foundation.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I really got into Pearl Jam back in the 90's. The new stuff from Eddy Vedder is kinda growing on me.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Back in the ancient times, before Al Gore invented the internet I often hosted a Sunday night show featuring music that was never meant to be defined as to a specific genre, organic sounds fusing "World" and "Newage" in order to sell it to the food co-op crowd, who wore socks in the winter under their Birkenstocks and driving Scandinavian cars so you knew they where smart people. Wait til evening for proper effect, use only as directed!

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
              Back in the ancient times, before Al Gore invented the internet I often hosted a Sunday night show featuring music that was never meant to be defined as to a specific genre, organic sounds fusing "World" and "Newage" in order to sell it to the food co-op crowd, who wore socks in the winter under their Birkenstocks and driving Scandinavian cars so you knew they where smart people. Wait til evening for proper effect, use only as directed!

Sounds like you're describing retired people in Beverly Shores Indiana.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Sounds like you're describing retired people in Beverly Shores Indiana.
                There was "Talk" in the mid 90's of that becoming the "Third Coast" sound. It was produced by Bill Laswell (Arranger/Producer/Bassist) who was originally from Muskegon and he became well known for his various projects outside the U.S. Our station (WNMC, Traverse City) an unknown to me station in Chicago and WCSB, Cleveland where about the only place his stuff was being played. Had a chance to interview Laswell on the air during a fundraiser which was an amazing "I'm not worthy" moment considering he was working on three projects at any given time in those days. The term "Third coast" was later adopted by the gay crowd to name a lifestyle magazine so the genre designation was dropped.

Comment

I'm not a fan of cover tunes, rarely do they do justice to the original. This one however is nothing short of mind blowing!

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                    I'm not a fan of cover tunes, rarely do they do justice to the original. This one however is nothing short of mind blowing!

Nice!
                    Interesting how he brings his thumb over the back of the neck to play the low E string.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Nice!
                      Interesting how he brings his thumb over the back of the neck to play the low E string.
                      Duh! Never seen Jimi Hendrix or Jorma Kaukonen or any other guitarist do that? Even I do that, though sometimes I'm just muting the string(s).

Sorry, Roger. Call me Oscar the grouch. And I do live in a garbage can.

And see if you can find Jorma playing slide. He comes straight down over the top of the neck. Haven't seen others do that.
                      Last edited by Rob S.; 01-31-2022, 06:32 AM.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        Duh! Never seen Jimi Hendrix or Jorma Kaukonen or any other guitarist do that? Even I do that, though sometimes I'm just muting the string(s).

Sorry, Roger. Call me Oscar the grouch. And I do live in a garbage can.

And see if you can find Jorma playing slide. He comes straight down over the top of the neck. Haven't seen others do that.
                        Hmm, thanks Oscar, LOL. I hadn't noticed. I thought maybe the dobro had an exceptionally narow neck or this guys hands were just much larger or something.

I took a few lessons many years ago on a classical guitar and seem to remember getting constantly reminded to keep my thumb behind the neck. Lets just say I didn't turn out to be the musical prodigy I'd dreamed of.....(sigh). The only thing I got really good at playing, music wise, is a radio.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Ever since Feb. '64 (Ed Sullivan), I wanted to be John Lennon. My parents even bought me my first guitar (classical). But the job was already taken.

It's alright. We've done alright.

And please replace the cover when you leave.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Ever since Feb. '64 (Ed Sullivan), I wanted to be John Lennon. My parents even bought me my first guitar (classical). But the job was already taken.
                            You too.........?

Me...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

John Lennon huh? I can see why that didn't work.

Your hair was too short....

I actually wanted to be Jim Morrison, LOL. He didn't play any instruments either, unless you count the tamborine or maraca.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

When I was in the fourth and fifth grades, I was in a band with two school chums ("Four Minus One" - I thought of the name).

We played for the school assembly. One year we played "Sloop John B".

Comment

Working...
                                X