Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
    In a world where post-modernism is the new normal where does one go in search of the esoteric? RIGHT HERE! Another release party last night for Rubix Pube, a garage band formed by members who are all the children of ordained ministers in a Texas U.F.O. Doomsday Cult. Spongebob Squarepants meets RugRats meets Jimmy Neutron meets Capt. Beefheart. Sonic weirdness, they don't care whether you like it or not and frankly neither do I, they'll keep doing it anyway!

Why do I think of LSD when I listen to this.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

This is a band that had huge possibilities get shut down by greedy record execs and producer issues. Most everyone has heard one of their songs, but this one is my favorite by a long mile:
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Some blues so thick and heavy, you can cut it with a knife. And some Floyd doing what they do after 24 years apart, a little beaten by the years. A clip at their last concert.

1981 GS1100E
        1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by metalfab View Post
          That's cool. I did not know they ever got back together even for one show. Closest I ever got was a PF tribute band called The Machine back in the 90's in Boston. They were very good, though. Front man could sound like Waters, and play and sing/sound like Gilmore as well.
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-25-2021, 06:26 AM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I saw Floyd in 77, and in 80. Those were awesome memory's. I think their music is almost hypnotic so unique they are/were truly one of a kind.
            1981 GS1100E
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

Here's something from 1979 that was pulled out of the vault (sewer?) and is currently being used in an Apple commercial, it sounded vaguely familiar so I looked it up. There's aspects of the post punk/new wave era that are worth exploring, this tune isn't one of those!

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Dunno, I kinda like it. It's fun. There is no point to being snobby about music, as it is almost all derivative at some point. Here's something from not long after (with admittedly more musicality) that is also derivative but fun and which remains in my play rotations:

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I heard this on the radio and instantly went to Geddy. Rush never had an orchestra ? Axle rose ? Steven Tyler ? Robert Plant ?

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Greta Van Fleet are fantastic. I love 'em.

Visually, channeling Queen there.
                    Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 06-14-2021, 10:01 PM.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I ran across this oldie looking for new music to play. It starts slow, gets hotter and rocks on.

1981 GS1100E
                        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Here's something from 1979 that was pulled out of the vault (sewer?) and is currently being used in an Apple commercial, it sounded vaguely familiar so I looked it up. There's aspects of the post punk/new wave era that are worth exploring, this tune isn't one of those!

I love that commercial, it is more true that anyone seems to know.
                          1981 GS1100E
                          1982 GS1100E

Comment

I love that commercial, it is more true that anyone seems to know.
                            The lyrics are good but the arrangement is awful!
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I ran across this oldie looking for new music to play.
                              Love the live version...... Man ! can Phil relate to a audience.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

The lyrics are good but the arrangement is awful!
                                Lets face it the whole thing is off, possibly entertaining. But it is so PUNK, which didn't require a lot of high level art. Still it is what it is, like a shot of Bacardi 151, eating a lemon, or a big shot of Balsamic vinegar, it violates the norm, and breaks the pattern. PUNK all the way, aren't they the rebel.
                                1981 GS1100E
                                1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                                X