Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Don't mean to bring the room down..... I was enjoying this earlier.
    Hell yes....
    I build Pipers

Comment

i know a few older dudes who dont like the slow stuff ozzy did, they grew up with the crazy guy from Sabbath. Personally i like his slower stuff better lol

Screenshot_20171126-224237 by Brandon Hobock, on Flickr
      I build Pipers

Comment

We were listening to what we call off the wall cut's, those that are out of character for bands. Pink Floyd, is pretty off the wall normally, they did one called Seamus, it is acoustic with a dog howling and barking. And ZZ Top's heaven Hell or Houston. Both odd for sure.

1981 GS1100E
        1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

I listened to this woman all Sunday evening. Beth Hart is her name. She's definitely channeling Janis Joplin and Robert Plant. Amazing. Sent shivers up and down my spine. And it doesn't hurt that there's an incredible guitar solo by Joe Bonamassa at the end.

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
            I listened to this woman all Sunday evening. Beth Hart is her name. She's definitely channeling Janis Joplin and Robert Plant. Amazing. Sent shivers up and down my spine. And it doesn't hurt that there's an incredible guitar solo by Joe Bonamassa at the end.

https://youtu.be/b6VEHUJwUho
            Holy crap, that is GOOD!!!

Damn-she was here in September. Had no idea. What a voice!
            Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 11-27-2017, 10:48 AM.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

This one is even better, GS1150Pilot. This time with Jeff Beck

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I had just finished listening to that one! Amazing, plain and simple. Thanks for putting me onto her stuff!
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I first saw Beth Hart in 1996 on a side stage at Lollapalooza.
                  There was only 3 of us watching. She was heroin addict at the time and we actually thought she might collapse or die on stage.
                  Still an amazing show. Seen her 3 times since
                  She has battled substance and mental issues for years and now seems to have things sorted out with a lot of help from Joe B.
                  Geez, i wish embedding was easier although i know it is operator error. haha.
                  This is a stripped down version of a small hit for her from 2016.
                  Beth Hart performs "Love Is A Lie", from the new album "Fire On The Floor" at Giel's 3FM in Holland(Oct 14, 2016)
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    I first saw Beth Hart in 1996 on a side stage at Lollapalooza.
                    There was only 3 of us watching. She was heroin addict at the time and we actually thought she might collapse or die on stage.
                    Still an amazing show. Seen her 3 times since
                    She has battled substance and mental issues for years and now seems to have things sorted out with a lot of help from Joe B.
                    Geez, i wish embedding was easier although i know it is operator error. haha.
                    This is a stripped down version of a small hit for her from 2016.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xS3Fkr6xY
                    JESUS!!! That gave me shivers. I think I'm in love.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

In a couple of her earlier videos she looks terrible. Sunken cheeks and skinny, sooooo skinny. But that voice!
                      I worked in the mental health field for a number of years and know some become addicts to mask the pain of daily living. Beth is a survivor and clean now and the world is a better place because of it.

Comment

Memory of a Free Festival…

Found this today, was looking for the chords to the song, but I could not hope to sing this well;
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Just a fun thing from Jack Black.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            More Jedz tune-age...
                            This is one of the coolest music videos I've ever seen...

Lot of good music in here. I keep seeing this pop up in "New Posts" so I figured I'd finally see what all the noise is about. Saw a bunch of old favorites I forget about, and found a bunch of new favorites I'd never heard before.
                            sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Wow, that automation was wild. Cool tune too.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I had one of those mornings the ther day when within seconds of waking up
                                a song popped into my head out of the blue - Mexico by Dick Dale.
                                I grabbed the CD and listened to it on my way to work. Still an enjoyable CD.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X