Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey !

How many of you know of Fleetwood Mac ....the original Fleetwood Mac of 1967-1970 with Peter Green . . ?
    THe group formed by Peter Green and other guys (from John Mayal Blues Breakers) and he named the group after the other guys, about 1967.
    They made music after old blues style inspired by the old blues masters.

I was in a record store this morning (yes, a record store, yes, a record store here in our little town) and the owner was playing such and I was quite impressed. ANd I was quite surprized when he told me was Fleetwood Mac.

As I understand it, this Peter Green and another guy left Fleetwood Mac about 1970 (lot more to that story).
    And the other original two later found Stevie Nicks & LIndsy Buckenham and developed thier own style but kept using the Fleetwood Mac name, and Peter Green's songs.

But, if you want stuff that is more like the old Blues, but yet great new stuff, you need the original Fleetwood Mac that was before the Fleetwood Mac that is more well known.

Is a lot more that I could yammer yammer on about. But one thing I will say is that this Peter Green is author of "Black Magic Woman" (later popularized by Santana), and "Oh Well" (later more popular by later version of Fleetwood Mac).

Here is one vid I found
    (I dont know if was anything I heard in the store this morning.)

another (... you will recognize it....was later done by the other Fleetwood Mac and others...)

I should also say, the record shop has a coffee shop in the back of the record store - good stuff - maybe that had some effect on my enjoyment of the music. har har har THis is my new regular coffee shop.

>>later note:
    Is called "Off The Record".
    THis view toward the front door. View the other way would be the room for CDs, and then another room for the Coffee Shop.
    Last edited by Redman; 01-31-2024, 06:56 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Indeed. Fleetwood Mac was a VERY bluesy band at the beginning.
      Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
      Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        I should also say, the record shop has a coffee shop in the back of the record store - good stuff - maybe that had some effect on my enjoyment of the music. har har har THis is my new regular coffee shop.
        It's good to see record shops coming back! There's a really well stocked one called RPM Records up in Traverse City that not only sells but also services vintage hi-fi equipment. Then there's my absolute favorite, Weirdsville Records in Mt Clemens that caters to the Detroit underground music scene with T-shirts, vinyl and CD's along with WEIRD 50's through 70's kitch.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, there's a place called Spoiled Princess records up in Grayling which is the home of a little known genre known as "Forest Punk" they've got a great selection of underground artists on hand as well.

Last edited by LAB3; 01-31-2024, 03:36 PM.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car [Wembley 1988]

She was asked to fill in when Stevie Wonder couldn't go on....
          Last edited by Baatfam; 02-11-2024, 09:50 AM.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Hey !I was in a record store this morning (yes, a record store, yes, a record store here in our little town)...
            We have at least three or four, here in Knoxville. One I visit pretty regularly. Of course these days, even Target and Best Buy sell records.

Although, I may have enough records for a while....

Last edited by Baatfam; 02-11-2024, 10:17 AM.

Comment

This was on my YouTube feed late last night and it's darn impressive, actress Anna Kendrick in the movie Perfect Pitch doing a short a capella and percussion piece. She nails the timing, the pitch and annunciation while giving it a slight hint of a genuine country girl type tone. Not sure if that's her voice or if it was overdubbed by either way, nicely done!

See link below, link gremlins are busy today
              Last edited by LAB3; 02-11-2024, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Did you see Tracy on the Grammys ? Awefu(k!nsome !!

Bob, I knew you would have some cool audio gear . Which vintage receiver is that ? Ha, I have that same Yamaha receiver. Is that a tube TT preamp ? My vintage Yamaha Amp/ Preamp I brought back from Japan in 85 is being refurbed.

Here's one that will get stuck in your head.......

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                  This was on my YouTube feed late last nigh
                  That didn't work for me.....

This one ? Always good !

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

That didn't work for me.....

This one ? Always good !
                    The version I tried linking was her on stage for an audition. Not sure why I'm having trouble getting that tagged right, edits are never saved.

Comment

Still good any way/where she does it......

82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                        Bob, I knew you would have some cool audio gear . Which vintage receiver is that ? Ha, I have that same Yamaha receiver. Is that a tube TT preamp ? My vintage Yamaha Amp/ Preamp I brought back from Japan in 85 is being refurbed.
                        The receiver is a Technics SA-600 I bought new in the late '70s. Back in 2016-17, Joe Nardy refurbished it for me. Still works great.
                        The Yamaha was something the wife and I bought back in the late 90s(?) for surround sound. We only use it for the TV/BluRay stuff.
                        The Vincent PHO-08 preamps are for my Sony turntable with a mono cartridge. They are good, but not great quality. But my ears don't know.

Technics SA-600 by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Stereo Rack by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                        Last edited by Baatfam; 02-11-2024, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Looked around a bit more and there's a clip of her doing it live on David Letterman so it is indeed all her! I've always liked her since seeing her in The Accountant, she does the nerdy girl part to a T.

Comment

A rather dramatic cover of. Black Sabbath's War Pigs played by a circus clown? Don't know the backstory here but you can't deny the performance!

Get it here https://smarturl.it/sikjutOh hello. Here it is. We had no idea what we were doing, by doing this tune. But we did it anyway. Many thanks to James...

Comment

Puddles is a treasure. If you want to fall down a YouTube rabbit hole? Check out his Mad World duet with Haley Reinhardt.

then check her out again with All About That Bass.

from there, Creep.

I could go on. If you like this sort of thing, and Postmodern Jukebox comes to a performance center near you, go see them live. You never really know what performers you’ll get. You could look up the tour info online. Went to a show a few years ago at an old theater in Reading, PA. I’ve been to quite a few concerts. This was one of the best.
                              Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-06-2024, 10:16 PM.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Puddles came across my feed earlier today and I've caught a bit more of his stuff after posting that one. As to PMJ I'm familiar with them, a friend works (and performs) at The Ice House in Bethlehem, she turned me on to them

Comment

Working...
                                X