1982 GS1100G Will not run correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100G Will not run correctly

I bought GS1100G and heard it start up when I first bought it but it was on jumper cables, so since then I've bought a new battery, then it had the symptom of leaking oil out of the airbox which made since to the fact it would only run on PRIME, since then I bought and replaced intake manifolds, cleaned carbs 2X, cleaned airbox, and airfilter, also bought a brand new Vacuum petcock and it rode fine from home to work but on the way back it was sputtering and backfiring the whole way had intermittent power. Which was the symptom prior to buying the $45 petcock. Also noted I changed the oil and pouring in the correct amount did not even register so I trusted the sight glass and filled it to where it was full on level ground. I'll have to check but manual says 3.6 with filter change ?
    Anyways I'm stuck.

Was it on the side stand or center stand when checking the oil?

Comment

I would have to check the manual (hint, hint) for an 1100, but my 850 takes 3.9 quarts for an oil change. I don't worry about measuring the .9 and just dump in the entire gallon. I don't see the 1100 taking much less, if any, than the 850.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
      X