X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marzocchi Ag Strada rebuild kit anyone?

Hey there,

I just found out that the PO of my bike mounted my shocks upside down
    Now one of the shocks is leaking oil and I'm looking around for a rebuild kit.

I think I have the Marzocchi AG Strada shocks. But I can't see any identifying numvbers or names on the shocks.

so my question: Does anyone know a source for a seal/rebuild kit for this kind of shocks?
    I've searched the forum,ebay and the rest of the internet. But all the options that were available a few years ago
    seem to have dried up. So any help will be appreciated!

some pics of the shocking situation

Thanks!

In real terms it shouldn't matter to the shock which way up it is mounted... I guess the shaft is a bit less exposed the other way up.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Marzocchi have stopped making the parts so grab the bits while you can:

79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Plinius, you have probably already seen this but if you do find a rebuild kit here are some install instructions.
        UPDATE: we can no longer supply this spares kit, there are still kits available in the market (not from us), please try ebay. Many thanks! ...
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Marzocchi went bankrupt in 2015. The reborn company makes bicycle parts.

With deep roots in the foundation of performance MTB suspension, Marzocchi shocks and forks keep you riding longer with minimal maintenance. Our bombproof designs ensure you're on the trail while others are stuck at home waiting for their parts to get serviced.
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

You can buy the rebuild kits from a company in the UK, I'll see if I can find the website
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks for all the info, Some I had seen an some was new.

I've found the link Steve, but unfortunately they don't sell them anymore.

Any info on vendors would be great asr! Than I can choose where to buy the kit.
              I've looked around and rebuilding seems the logical way to go. even the standard shocks are more expensive than rebuilding these.

Thanks again!
              Pim.

Comment

Working...
              X