• Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL....Grampa Scott is on the job.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . feed little Rose. It went pretty well with only minimal spit up on my shirt. . . . ..
      Ok, now, now you are a grandparent.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Haha, thank you. Not sure I even feel like it yet
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I love this thread.

It allows me to see how others think about moments in their lives, even as I have some of my own experiences with a two-year-old right here..

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

SOmething kinda fun and kinda silly, and the grandkids like it that is something that I do for them.

Pancakes in a decreasing stack

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A project I saved for until the kids were here.

Dissasemble old dishwasher, just for fun, and so fits in trash can (over a couple weeks).
              But let kids do what they could, just so they have that expereince, and we could talk about the different parts.

Maybe a zallzall aint "age appropriate" for a ten year old, but I let him continue a couple straight cuts that I started.

(I got him saftey glasses. I was annoyed to later notice in picture he didnt have them on.)

Then we went for walk on pier.

Didnt go out too far, was waves splashing up on the lower portions (was surprised that the gates were not closed), they had fun standing there watching the waves splash (I purposely didnt get pics of that which could incriminate me).
              Last edited by Redman; 11-01-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I like the dish washer disassembly. I bought this simple electronic circuit kit and the 5year old seems to like it. It's called "snap circuits ". There are switches and LEDs and a motor and a buzzer. They both enjoy playing with it but of course the little crazy one wants to eat all the parts.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Had a good visit with the two younger kids

Two older kids like to go to the township leaf dump with Papa. THis is my first load (probably 6 or 8 more).

THis time they like finding the big mushrooms, toss it to the other to hit with rake back at the other.
                  And they liked climbing to the top of the pile there, while Papa finished unloading the trailer.

ANd then they liked riding in the trailer around the parking lot (no pics of that, some people dont need to know about that).
                  Last edited by Redman; 11-12-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Dave....Our new place has many large trees, with lots of leaves....
                    First year, we tried to take care of it ourselves.
                    Year two, we got a $600 quote to have them cleaned up and removed...So nope...
                    Year three, I decided the environmentally proper thing to do, is let 'em lay....And that's what we do.
                    Our lawn guy comes by a couple times in the fall to just run his mower over them, and that's it.

Looks like a wonderful time with the grandkids, though. You are a lucky man.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Way out back there's an overgrown field of these huge gourds. My first thought was invasion of the body snatchers. But it's just a bunch of manure piles that must have had some seeds in them. It's kind of weird though. Probably about 2 acres of huge gourds.

The little crazy one was enjoying the latest snow. He's only 2 so I don't think he remembers last winter. Well maybe a little since he hasn't tried to pick it up with his bare hands as much as last year. I remember him having very cold hands once or twice. Ow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        Way out back there's an overgrown field of these huge gourds. .

.The little crazy one was enjoying the latest snow.
                        Good fun for the kids,,,, and you.

Comment

GoForRide by Dave Redman, on Flickr

one guy there will be 69 in a couple days.
                          other guy there will be 1 year old in a few days.
                          and both seem to like “going for ride”
                          Last edited by Redman; 11-22-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

3yo and 1yo "going for ride"

Comment

Super cute Mr. Redman. I like how the little girl gets the boy to push the bike.

So I'm not sure how to deal with this. First the little crazy one beat me in ticktacktoe.

Then I look over and see the other kid going gangster on a teddy bear. Yeesh...

Comment

Mom and Rose in her Christmas dress this morning

Rose Christmas Dress by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Last edited by cowboyup3371; 01-04-2022, 12:10 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X