Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    For those that know Charmayne and would like to know how she is doing, I'm very happy to report that Rosalinde (pronounced Rosalinda but with the German spelling) "Rose" Faith Firm was born on 1 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces and 20-3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well (already gained 3 ounces in a week) and I have been able to see her a couple of times already (mom has gone out more). Visited with her for a little bit today but more time was spent sleeping than what I could be there for so only have this picture from last weekend.

Rosalinde and Grandpa by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I'll get some better pictures over time.
    Excellent........
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

. . . . . . . . "Rose" Faith Firm was born on 1 Oct 2021 Rosalinde and Grandpa by Scott ..
      Exciting!

Will get better every month or so.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS SCOTT!!!
        Very happy for you and your family!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          New game for 10 month old grandkid

Hold him and say "wanna be a flying baby?"
          He gets excited and starts jumping up and down.
          So lift him up overhead and twist him around and exclaim "Flying Baby!" and he gets excited and squeels and laughs.
          Then say "Oh Oh, crash landing" and lower him quickly to my shoulder "Oh Oh crash" and then lean over to side
          CrashLandingFlyingBaby by Dave Redman, on Flickr
          He laughs and laughs some more.

Repeat

About 5 or 6 times, and I need to take a break.
          Afterall the kid is 20 pounds... scheesch.... yah, I do need more exercize.

I play the same game with my grandson I'm sure every grand dad does, we call our flying time "Rocket Man", a few times it ended up with him throwing up in on my face
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Camping and hiking with the grand daughters. There was a problem with my Flickr account a while ago where pictures posted from my hidden album would not show up when they did before so I'm trying it again. Let me know if this picture shows or not.

Edit. Seems to be working as expected from my end. I logged out of Flickr and it looks like the photo is visible and is linked to my Flickr account but access to my hidden album is not allowed (shows up but has zero photos) while the other public accounts are available.

Sutherland Falls - Blanket Creek Prov. Park by soates50, on Flickr
            Last edited by Sandy; 10-15-2021, 04:09 PM.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I see it, and love it. Nice!
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks Bob. I use a hidden album to hide photos from the general public that are either less than great or tech shots that no one really needs to see. Maybe I'll move this one to a main stream album.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Just hangin out the other day. As you can see the little crazy one doesn't really understand the idea of playing frisbee. And yes, he does sport a full on mullet.

Modelling my snowmobile helmet.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

So in last week's Anyone Go For a Ride post, I mentioned it was the first time in two months that I had been on either of my bikes because I was working on another project. Well, now that I finally delivered it yesterday, I thought I would share what's kept me away from riding.

Charmayne asked me on 1 Aug to build a changing table when the one she bought from Amazon broke immediately as assembly began. So, for the next two months, I spent anywhere from 4 to 10 hours a day every day, only missed two, in the shop working on this. There are a total of 28 mortise and tenon joints (bought a new tool for the mortises) along with four sets of hand cut dovetail joints and 6 scroll work patterns (five fairies and a rose trivet). The drawers have unicorns as the drawer liners since no one that I could find online or in brick and mortar stores sell fairies???. I borrowed the hamper from the Amazon table and made a better holder for it. The glass in the door is actually plexiglass so it won't shatter when Rosalinde is old enough to start beating on it. I also included a small light bar with dimmer behind the table so they don't have to turn on the overhead light at night.

Changing Table Front by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Changing Table Front with rear light by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Changing Table Hamper by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Drawer by Scott Baker, on Flickr

And she's finally starting to become more alert which is nice. She allowed me to hold her for quite awhile last night without sleeping or fussing.

Rosalinde in swing by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    sigpic
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

. . . . . . . .
                      Nice Scott.
                      What a lot of details, with the scroll(?) work artwork, and all the joints and drawer and doors.
                      An instant heirloom.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Scott. Your work and attention to detail amazes me.

Comment

That is some really nice work Mr cowboyup!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                            . . . . . . . the little crazy one doesn't really understand the idea of playing frisbee. .
                            Ha Ha
                            THat is part of what is fun about kids.

Maybe has seen a dog retrieving a frisbee . . . ?

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Maybe has seen a dog retrieving a frisbee . . . ?

Maybe, but I doubt it. He pretty much makes his own rules.

Comment

Charmayne, her fiance Joe, and Rose are here this weekend so we ran out to the Renaissance Festival for a little while where Rose met her first fairy. Yes, she was out of it for most of that trip

Char and Rose Renaissance Fest 2021 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Then, while she, Joe, and my wife went to get coffee, I had my first opportunity to feed little Rose. It went pretty well with only minimal spit up on my shirt even for being out of practice for so long

Me feeding Rose by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Me burping rose by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X