No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you five had a blast; and it's a great day any time you can make the siblings jealous
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

But hey...finally something to contribute. Our daughter brought our granddaughters over to visit the Knoxville Zoo last month..

The highlight of the day was letting Lo ride back to the house in my Abarth, with the top down...
      Nice, Bob.
      Great pics.
      Great that such could be arranged.

THose kids must think that ol' grandpa with the convertible is a cool guy.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had some time with the two older g/kids (11 &8) the other day.

At a small amusement park local to them.

And, on an other day, a walk out on the breakwater.
        Well, I walked. They jumped and climbed on the large ballast stones.

Here looking across to the lighthouse.

Last edited by Redman; 09-25-2022, 11:05 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My daughter stayed close to us, so her 2 children often rode around the block with me on the 850G. My son stays further away, so his children (8 and 5) seldom got that chance, although he also has motorbikes (Suzuki GSX400F; Suzuki GS650M Katana; Triumph Daytona 675; Honda RVF 400) so they are used to riding with him. Here they are exploring my 1000G.

Last edited by 2BRacing; 10-10-2022, 06:00 AM.
          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

This kid..... seen here cheating at foosball:

and here on a walk:

gave us a scare last night. I got a call at about midnight. It was my son saying he couldn't find him. I grabbed flashlights and was on my way over. Just about to leave and I got a "found him" text. We don't really know if he went outside by himself or what. He said he was hiding in the toy box. My kid was on the phone with the cops, looking around in the woods when the little, crazy one came running up to him with no shoes on. He may have been in the house the whole time but, so far, we're not sure. Yeesh.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Glad he as found!
              Apple doesn't fall far from the tree it seems
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Eassscchhh …… scary.

I usally chuckle every time you mention “the crazy little one”, but not this time.

oh, and in what manner is he cheating at fooz ball….? Operating two things rapidly at same time?
                Last edited by Redman; 10-17-2022, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah huge relief. Kids just aren't easy. His mom was working a night shift so there was less coverage than usual. We were talking and remembering that we all have missing kid stories. My daughter wandered off during a camping trip once, my dad remembers me wandering once when I was little. Some neighbors returned me. He says my mom fainted with worry. My wife hid in the potato bin when she was little. Fell asleep and woke up to find the entire neighborhood searching for her.

So the grandkids are actually learning to play foosball early in life. They may end up being pretty good at it but right now they tend to bend the rules a bit.

Comment

We stay with the 4yo and almost 2yo one day a week (sometimes more).
                    I have learnt that if we are outside, and garage door is open, and lose sight of the little guy for a while, he will probably be in the garage climbing up on dads bike. My concern is that he does it very haphazardly grabbing what he can and kicking around foot till find something of a foothold.
                    And could also be the older one helping. Then the older one pushing him around trying to make room for her to climb up also.
                    So, I need to intervene early, and help . . . . and get picture.

Note: RedmanSIL FJR1300ES

Comment

6yo went to his first metal show. Kind of an emo band in my opinion but a good choice for a kid's first time. The bands talked to him and gave him a set list and drum sticks. The security guys helped him up for a bit of crowd surfing. They followed along with flashlights on and made sure he was safe.

He had school the next day and made it on time. And of course he wore ear protection too.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

They gotta climb everything. Don't even bother trying to hide the candy on top of the refrigerator.

]

Comment

Today I realized that I text at about the same speed as a 6 year old kid.

Comment

Me and four grandkids, all having birthday cake.

Of these 5 people .....
                            can you guess which one had recently turned 2 ....?

and... which one 70 ....?

Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Dave....LOL...wonderful...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Was out with the 4yo and 2yo for a few hours.

Mimi & papa had forgotten thier water bottles.

THen we We found that using a drinking fountain was something the kids were not familiar with.

So was quite a production to show/instruct them to get a drink.

FOr the 2yo, the production involved me holding him on my knee and the 4yo operating the button.

After a while the 2yo could operate the button himself, but I still had to hold him up.

ANd then he kept wanting to go back for more.

Later the 4yo figured out how how they could do it themselves.

I was impressed.

Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X