No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid generation. Water fountains have been shut down for much of their young lives. I've had to take that into account once or twice.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

We've had a couple good snows so far this year. The older kid is in a hole with only his hand showing.

They talked us into a big tree this year cuz the little crazy one is old enough to get it. The kids helped decorate. That's a lot of lights.

Comment

Their dad got home from work so grandpa duty was officially over but the little crazy one said he wanted to go out in the woods. My rule is that when a kid wants to go out in the woods ya go out in the woods.

[ [/url]

The only thing that's green so far, oddly, is the swamp slime. No buds on trees or anything yet.

]

Comment

Ha! Nice Eli !

ANd would I be correct in saying "There! That is the difference between being grandparent from when was a parent."....?
          WHen were a parent, and kid asked to do something, well, you had other things going on.
          And when a parent, let kid try to walk a log over slop? Let kid step in green bogg?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Absolutely Mr. Redman. There's much less pressure on us now. Being grandpa is way easier.

Comment

The little crazy one has become an expert frog catcher.

Comment

Rose turns 2 in a couple of months and is already learning how to make things prettier

Drawing on Driveway by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Was going to Loading generator back into van (daughter house out of power after storm for over 4 days), the 2 1/2 yo was right there wanting to help (getting in the way).
                  THirty-Fourty years ago in similar situation I probably would have been hollering "somebody get this kid out of here".
                  But now I talked to him, explained what was doing, ask him to step aside, and waited for him to loose interests and wander away. ANd got it loaded up in the van.

THen I got a couple tools, he saw that and ran into garage and came back out with adjustable wrench , "I help fix it."

Okay, so I was showing him the wrenches, and let him fumble and help him get one on the bolt, and one on the nut.

After a while, I did the wrench turning, and let him take out the bolts.

ANd then he is back to "riding my bike"

Oh, by the way, these balance bikes are great. Kid actually learns to ride a bike , countersteering.

(with training wheels they are not learning anything other than pedaling, then when take off training wheels everything is backwards/opposite of the steering they had before)

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We had a couple fun campouts with the kids this summer. One of their favorite things when walking in the woods is balancing on downed trees. A useful talent when hiking. Never know when you'll have to cross a creek or something.

Of course Grandma makes sure there are plenty of treats. Roasted marshmallows....

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      . . . . . . . .One of their favorite things when walking in the woods is balancing on downed trees. A useful talent when hiking. Never know when you'll have to cross a creek or something.

[IMG2=JSO.......................................... .jpg"}[/IMG2]

Of course Grandma makes sure there are plenty of treats. Roasted marshmallows....

[IMG........................MG2]
                      Again, I find it interesting how deal with grandkids different than when we had kids......

Comment

Our weekly day with the kids is different now that the 5 yo is going to kindergarden.
                        We spend most of the day with the 2 1/2 Yo (almost 3).

Here we were having fun at a township park that seems like used to be an apple orchard. . . . . .

And...., oh, this is so cute . .

We go down the street to the buss stop to meet the 5yo

ANd they want to greet each other with a hug

(am wondering how long that is going to last......)
                        Last edited by Redman; 09-18-2023, 11:09 PM.

Comment

First day of Pre K for the crazy little one. From what I hear he's doing well there. I wasn't sure how it would go because he's decidedly different sometimes. Calmly waiting for the school bus...

Comment

Maybe yall recall the Pizza Bag Hats... with the older grandkids a few years ago.
                            Well, the pizza place dosnt have the pizza bags anymore.
                            Now they have boxes.
                            Was a lot harder to figure out how to make Pizza Box Hats, but I perservered.

Now one of the the younger grandkids wanted a Pizza Box Hat to go along with mine. So I immeadiatly made her one.

Here we are (after birthday cake blue frosting)

Comment

Funny picture Dave. I especially like moms expression. "Really? pizza box hats?" Haha
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Gotta be there somewhere!!

Teaching my grandaughter new tricks to gross out her mum.
                                IMG_4606 crop 2.jpg

82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                                Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X