No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing PacMan with his uncle. An underhanded attempt to distract...

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Like I may have said here some years ago:

a grandfather needs to be serious and respectable and authoritative and mature at all times.

54FB33A1-32A9-4250-B846-2952EDEA71ED.jpg .

Last edited by Redman; 10-21-2023, 07:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

another great fun thing for grandfather to show kids:

“Ballon making fartey noise…….”

Kids thought that was great fun……​ they were laughing and squealing and running around for quite sometime

6679086D-A07E-4F4E-839E-D36351B06882.jpg

And then, after mom & dad come back, and we are leaving, give the kids some more balloons.
        Last edited by Redman; 10-21-2023, 07:33 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          6679086D-A07E-4F4E-839E-D36351B06882.jpg another great fun thing for grandfather to show kids:

“Ballon making fartey noise…….”
          Kids thought that was great fun……

I see three goof-balls. Abviosly mom wasn't around or you'd all be in trouble! Haha
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post

I see three goof-balls. Abviosly mom wasn't around or you'd all be in trouble! Haha
            Mimi & papa & two kids had a great time.
            Later Will see how much the mom and dad like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Mimi & papa & two kids had a great time.
              Later Will see how much the mom and dad like it.
              "Look what Grandpa showed us!"
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Here's an odd little story. I'm helping my punk kid put up some drywall in their house. Sometimes I get tiny metal slivers in my fingers from the screws. Super annoying but hard to find and remove cuz they're so small. I usually just live with them til they grow out.

I'm sitting on the couch next to the crazy little grand kid and I'm complaining about how annoying the slivers in my finger are. The kid wants to see it. I said they're too small to see but you can feel it.

So the little guy is looking at it and I basically forget about it and start talking to my wife when I suddenly realize the sliver is gone.

Somehow he got it with his tiny little hands.
                Last edited by Eli69; 01-11-2024, 09:53 AM.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                  Here's an odd little story. I'm helping my punk kid put up some drywall in their house. Sometimes I get tiny metal slivers in my fingers from the screws. Super annoying but hard to find and remove cuz they're so small. I usually just live with them til they grow out.

I'm sitting on the couch next to the crazy little grand kid and I'm complaining about how annoying the slivers in my finger are. The kid wants to see it. I said they're too small to see but you can feel it.

So the little guy is looking at it and I basically forget about it and start talking to my wife when I suddenly realize the silver is gone.

Somehow he got it with his tiny little hands.
                  I usually use 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 inch Private Messages wood screws.
                  Being in Canada I can get them with Robertson Forum heads which I greatly prefer over philips.
                  They do cost more, but there are no metal slivers and the heads never break off.

Re tiny hands----I have 4-year old and a new one, so will have to look into that
                  "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                  Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I pulled the wheels off of the GS to take care of some much needed maintence things. My grandson was super excited to come work in the garage with me today. The little guy is in heaven with a wrench in his hand. He laid down underneath his bike, his is the red one in the middle , and said he had some wires hanging down that needed to be snipped.

20231203_150912 by Roger, on Flickr

20231203_150752 by Roger, on Flickr

I abandoned the idea of getting stuff done to the GS. Truth be told, I couldn't get the front wheel bearings out and need a few things to finish that project. That was the best thing that could have happened though because I thoroughly enjoyed tinkering with Gideon. My shop stool had a few loose and missing nuts. We rummaged through a box of nuts and bolts to find the right ones and now it's as good as new. He said, Papa Roger, this is way more fun than playing Mario Cart. I agreed!

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      I.
                      . We rummaged through a box of nuts and bolts to find the right ones and now it's as good as new. He said, Papa Roger, this is way more fun than playing Mario Cart. I agreed!
                      Hey ! Doing stuff with Papa... and Learning to actully do something !

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        I pulled the wheels off of the GS to take care of some much needed maintence things. My grandson was super excited to come work in the garage with me today. The little guy is in heaven with a wrench in his hand. He laid down underneath his bike, his is the red one in the middle , and said he had some wires hanging down that needed to be snipped.

20231203_150912 by Roger, on Flickr

20231203_150752 by Roger, on Flickr

I abandoned the idea of getting stuff done to the GS. Truth be told, I couldn't get the front wheel bearings out and need a few things to finish that project. That was the best thing that could have happened though because I thoroughly enjoyed tinkering with Gideon. My shop stool had a few loose and missing nuts. We rummaged through a box of nuts and bolts to find the right ones and now it's as good as new. He said, Papa Roger, this is way more fun than playing Mario Cart. I agreed!
                        That's real nice. If your chosen over Mario that is a bond that will never b broken.

Last Christmas I bought 2 kitset desks for my 2 grandaughters, 1 is 12 the other is 6. When putting together the 6 year Olds she wanted to help. We worked together real well and she was sorting the parts out and installing some of them, reading the plans as well.

Spent an hour and a bit putting it together and I was surprised she stuck it out through the whole process.

The 12 year old was not to b seenlol
                        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                        Albums

Comment

You don't feel guilty for depriving him of some screen time?!?
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Maybe more for "random photo".....

Had a great time at grandson 3yo birthday party.
                            At first he was shy about everybody looking at him while we all were singing Happy Birthday.

I noticed that I could step behind him and get a shot to document everyone there (and they all looking that direction), so I did.

But later, looking at the other g'mas vidio, I see that his reaction to it all was quite significant.
                            At first he was quite shy, but then he was looking at individual persons, and look at the cake, and then look at more of each individual person. He made so many happy expressions.
                            I found it quite moving to see him so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              You don't feel guilty for depriving him of some screen time?!?
                              Actually, he tore the sliding door screen the other day. He got to use a spline roller and we re-screened the door. Plenty of screen time haha.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Just posted by my Daughter about my Grand Daughter, somehow I feel I influenced this........

Reagan is currently laying in bed making up the cutest, sweetest song about Jesus. “Jesus is the reason for the Season…I hope Jesus has a good day on Christmas…Be nice to others…if you decide to kick someone in the face…they’ll kick you in the face back
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X