No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She apparently knows more than most college students these days.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

At family Christmas gathering.....
      Papa with oldest and youngest grandkids, cousins.
      Yes, the 12yo is my heigth.

THe older set of grandkids are 12 & 8, and the younger set are 5 & 3. ANd is great to see how well they all get along.

ANd our son and SIL and daughter and DIL are all good friends.

(.. . . . . )
      Last edited by Redman; 12-27-2023, 08:07 AM. Reason: I didn't actaully say that.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

IMG_20240111_122116.jpg Grandaughter, (lives in NZ), and I Skype quite a bit. After 10 min of fooling around we get into the serious conversations. Serious face.
        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
        Albums

Comment

I was surprised to see the 8 year old grand kid is running for office. Hope I don't get involved in any family corruption conspiracies. Don't want to be a drag on his political career.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Went winter camping with a grandkid this past weekend. We got to our spot early afternoon and set up camp. After that we went for a walk. Down by the crik:

Found some old logging equipment and a deer shed.

Temps got down to below 10 degrees F overnite. We went for a shorter hike after morning coffee and cocoa and packing up camp. The kid wanted to stay out another night but he had school Monday. Mom and Dad made sure he had enough warm clothes.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              I was surprised to see the 8 year old grand kid is running for office. Hope I don't get involved in any family corruption conspiracies. Don't want to be a drag on his political career.

https://youtu.be/QgO_7hxA5OI
              Hey, as 2nd grade president he can show all the other kids about winter camping and finding deer antlers.

ANy election results yet?
              Last edited by Redman; 03-04-2024, 10:57 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

​Had the 9 & 12 yo grandkids here for most of the day Saturday.
                We had a little bit of adventure along the channel and out on the pier.

THey like to jump and hop along the big ballast rocks.

THey call it "rock hopping". I recall 35-40 years ago, I didnt want my kids doing that, cuz it was slow going, and I probably had other things I wanted to get home for. Now, with grandkids, we are there specifically for them - although I did tell them to slow down, cuz didnt want to have to call their Mom and Dad to meet us at the Emergency Room.

Then, back home, they had a new experience with ol' Papa.

9 yo wasnt too interested other than to just take a look.

12yo seemed a little more interested.
                Can kinda see the groves. ANd can see how that little pointy thing rides in the groves. Hey can see little wires.

I pointed out that one feature of the LPs is having the album cover and maybe an insert to read.

He is in middle school band this year, and also stated some interest in school jazz band that he can do next year.
                So we had some Harry James and some Duke Elington. And since he is percussionist that likes marimba and vibrphone, we also had some some Lionel Hampton.

Last edited by Redman; 03-05-2024, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X