No announcement yet.

New GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure I used Suzuki Bond 1207B, the same sealant I used between the case halves.
    Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
    2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Okay another one. I'm doing some spring maintenance/upgrades for this bike:

- Green Dyna coils to match the ignition
      - Fresh plug leads
      - CRM
      - Welded some exhaust leaks
      - New carb boots
      - Spark plugs, oil, etc.

And want to get some Hagons to go on the rear. I was on https://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/ but the contact form is broken and when I email info@davequinnmotorcycles.com it gets kicked back to me. Anybody know how to get in touch with Dave or where else I can get Hagon shocks in the US?
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Green coils are good for electronic ignition or Dyna S bikes, with points you want the Black coils.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I have a Dyna S installed. I'm asking about the hagons.
          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
          1977 GS550

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
            Okay another one. I'm doing some spring maintenance/upgrades for this bike:

And want to get some Hagons to go on the rear. I was on https://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/ but the contact form is broken and when I email info@davequinnmotorcycles.com it gets kicked back to me. Anybody know how to get in touch with Dave or where else I can get Hagon shocks in the US?
            It seems they are out of bussiness (no longer trading). You may want to try the dealer in Nova Scotia.......?

British Cycle Supply Company
            604 Davison Street RR3
            Wolfville Nova Scotia
            CANADA
            B4P 2R3
            Tel:
            +902 5427 478
            Fax:
            +902 5427 479
            Email:
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              It seems they are out of bussiness (no longer trading). You may want to try the dealer in Nova Scotia.......?

British Cycle Supply Company
              604 Davison Street RR3
              Wolfville Nova Scotia
              CANADA
              B4P 2R3
              Tel:
              +902 5427 478
              Fax:
              +902 5427 479
              Email:
              That would suck if he is out of business... did you try this email
              David Quinn
              dqmcs@earthlink.net

Comment

Nope not yet. Thanks for that!
                1977 GS550

Comment

Just got off the phone with Dave and ordered my Hagons. Really nice guy and super knowledgeable. He's only a state away from me so I should have them by the weekend.
                  1977 GS550

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                    Just got off the phone with Dave and ordered my Hagons. Really nice guy and super knowledgeable. He's only a state away from me so I should have them by the weekend.
                    Well that's good news!
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thought I would just update to share upgrades to my GS750 since I bought it. All with the help of GSR . Overall, I LOVE this bike! Runs great and would take it across the country (again) tomorrow if I had to.

- Hagon rear shocks and Sonic Fork Springs
                      - Dyna DS3-1 ignition and Dyna Green cables with a coil relay mod
                      - SH775 R/R with removed headlight loop
                      - SS brake lines up front with an aftermarket master cylinder
                      - Dunlop K70's front and back
                      - New O-rings, carbs dunked, etc. replaced intake and airbox boots with OEM
                      - Throttle + Clutch cables
                      - Oil changed every 3k miles
                      - New X-ring chain and front + rear sprockets
                      - Valve adjustments every 3k miles
                      - Welded up a couple of small patch holes on the underside of the exhaust

27k miles on the clock and running strong!

1977 GS550

Comment

Awesome!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 750. Lots of great additions/fixes too! Enjoy!!!

Ed
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Been almost two years since I've updated this but figured it's the place. Don't really have too much time for the GSR these days

Anyway, just installed this Delkevic exhaust last week and the Pirelli Sport Demons last year. Between ditching the crash bars and stock exhaust, it at least feels a lot lighter although maybe that's just in my head after listening to the sound of the Delkevic haha
                          Had some clutch and carb things that needed sorting out at the end of last and beginning of this year - all taken care of and the bike rips. I do want to get of the case savers that go around the points/stator cover areas so if anybody has a pair hit me up.

1977 GS550

Comment

Bike looks good, Sam.
                            That is a thick chunk of wood under the side stand.
                            Do you think it is the taller profile of the Pirellis or maybe longer Hagons?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Bike looks good, Sam.
                              That is a thick chunk of wood under the side stand.
                              Do you think it is the taller profile of the Pirellis or maybe longer Hagons?
                              The bike has always leaned A LOT. IIRC it did lean a bit more after putting the Hagons on but I don't remember a difference with the tires. On a flat surface, it's okay, but if there's any uneven surface I have to be careful parking it. From what I've seen they're all like this?
                              1977 GS550

Comment

Sam,
                                I have two sets of case guards. Not sure what they fit though

If there's a way to tell I'd love to see them put to use. I have reason to believe at least one is from a 750. I'd be glad to draw a template of mounting points and mail to you, take measurements and post etc.

Can anyone suggest a way to confirm what I have or that they'll fit this 750?
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X