Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New GS750

Awesome!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 750. Lots of great additions/fixes too! Enjoy!!!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Been almost two years since I've updated this but figured it's the place. Don't really have too much time for the GSR these days

Anyway, just installed this Delkevic exhaust last week and the Pirelli Sport Demons last year. Between ditching the crash bars and stock exhaust, it at least feels a lot lighter although maybe that's just in my head after listening to the sound of the Delkevic haha
    Had some clutch and carb things that needed sorting out at the end of last and beginning of this year - all taken care of and the bike rips. I do want to get of the case savers that go around the points/stator cover areas so if anybody has a pair hit me up.

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
    1977 GS550
    1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Bike looks good, Sam.
    That is a thick chunk of wood under the side stand.
    Do you think it is the taller profile of the Pirellis or maybe longer Hagons?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Quote Originally Posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Bike looks good, Sam.
    That is a thick chunk of wood under the side stand.
    Do you think it is the taller profile of the Pirellis or maybe longer Hagons?
    The bike has always leaned A LOT. IIRC it did lean a bit more after putting the Hagons on but I don't remember a difference with the tires. On a flat surface, it's okay, but if there's any uneven surface I have to be careful parking it. From what I've seen they're all like this?
    1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
    1977 GS550

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Sam,
    I have two sets of case guards. Not sure what they fit though

If there's a way to tell I'd love to see them put to use. I have reason to believe at least one is from a 750. I'd be glad to draw a template of mounting points and mail to you, take measurements and post etc.

Can anyone suggest a way to confirm what I have or that they'll fit this 750?
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Boriqua View Post
    That would suck if he is out of business... did you try this email
    David Quinn
    dqmcs@earthlink.net

This doesn't refer to this thread but just want to say that Dave Quinn has been out of business now for a couple years,which does s*ck,I used to get my Hagon's from him and he knew how to set them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    Sam,
    I have two sets of case guards. Not sure what they fit though

If there's a way to tell I'd love to see them put to use. I have reason to believe at least one is from a 750. I'd be glad to draw a template of mounting points and mail to you, take measurements and post etc.

Can anyone suggest a way to confirm what I have or that they'll fit this 750?
    Roger, I've been hunting for case guards for my bike. My frame is certainly different from the OP's '77. But if you want to template what you have and mail it to me, I would confirm or deny that the holes line up with the frame mountings of an '82 750. AFAIK, all of the '80-'82 750 models, and the '83T frame mountings are exactly the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by grcamna2 View Post
    This doesn't refer to this thread but just want to say that Dave Quinn has been out of business now for a couple years,which does s*ck,I used to get my Hagon's from him and he knew how to set them up.
    Same, when I picked up a '77 GS550 to fix up last year I bought a pair from Z1. They just have generic sizes (330mm, 340mm, etc) and don't match the exact spring rate to the bike. I ended up going for the slightly oversized 340mm for a little more of an aggressive ride which I like the feel of but the spring rate is slightly too high.
    1977 GS550