I've got the itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azr View Post
    Doing a motorcycle trip solo is a unique experience, especially when you tent. I'd recommend it to anyone. I enjoy doing it with no detailed road plan either, just make it up as I go. I think the most important planning detail is making sure your bike is road tested for the trip.
    I prefer to make a detailed plan, but I also plan on not following it. If there is anyplace you want to end up, and you don't know how to get there, I whole heartedly recommend that you ask the good folks on this list what is a worthwhile way to get there with minimal superslab. The Interstates just go city to city anyway, and who loves city riding, or staring at the back of trucks, and only chain restaurants?

I've done a lot of tent camping on motorcycle rides, and stealth camping too. The thing about that is the extra time it takes to set up and leave camp. Nobody likes setting up a tent in the dark. The more people you have, too, the longer every stop is. I would safely take 50 miles per day out of every planned trip for every additional person over two. It is still the more the merrier though.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
    X