No announcement yet.

1979 GS750E Project Pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean the entire bike thoroughly before you go any further. That would be my suggestion. Plug the intakes since you have the carbs off.
    I started as you did, by disassembling a dirty bike, figuring I could clean and recondition parts as I go. It would have been much easier, and gone a lot quicker if I had just scrubbed the entire bike down well before I started digging in to anything.
    sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by hairfromthepast View Post
      Hey guys, it's been a while but I can finally post an update. So the bike's definitely a 750G shaft driven Japanese import but not sure of the year. Does anyone know if there's a way to tell?
      What's the VIN & engine #?
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Chassis is GS750G-100366
        Engine is GS750G-100332

Comment

Someone want to chip in on this? The VIN & engine # look odd to me, but I'm easily confused about these things. Could this be a '79 GS750G for the Japanese market only?
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
          X