No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Shopping Preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marketplace on Facebook is also good option if you're planning to purchase used motorcycle.

Comment

I would prefer to buy from a well respected member on a forum. Hands down.

Comment

Although I have both sold and bought bikes on Craig's List in the past, I'd also say that Facebook Marketplace may have the most listings these days. In my area, Craig's list has nearly been empty of used bikes from private sellers for a couple of years. It was once many pages long The $5. listing fee for vehicles started in about March 2019 seemed to kill it completely.
        1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Ha, ha: I bought 3 Zukes this year. 2 from Facebook and 1 from a local to me classifieds website. I watch the Canadian KIJIJI website like a hawk as well. I have to stop though, I was looking at a decent 750F today for $1k. It's hard to look away.
          1986 1150EF
          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Got my bike off of local craigslist, and had no problems.

Comment

I bought my bike by word of mouth. My friend called me an told me I should buy it.

Other than that I use Finn.no (Norwegian buy whatever site) or blocket.se (swedish buy whatever site).

Sweden have some really cheap bikes, I saw a GS1000G 1982 for like $947 and a GS450 or something for half that! Also a mint looking DR650 for fairly cheap.

I find dealers to be somewhat hassle. But I haven't had a new bike.
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Facebook Market Place seems to be the "IT" place right now here....
                I've bought from almost all the place in the poll...except the news paper...lol..Auto trader magazines when I was young was the preferred place.
                No signature

Comment

Always preferred motorcycle stores over craigslist. Had some very bad experiences in the past.

Comment

Working...
                  X