77 GS750 - Finally picked one up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS750 - Finally picked one up!

Been looking for a decent example somewhat close to me for awhile now. Saw this a few months ago but but there was paperwork issues with it. I told him if he got it sorted out I would buy it. Well we kept in contact and sure enough he was able to get the title for it so off I went to grab it yesterday.

The bike appears to have been very well cared for. With a little cleaning up in the spring it should shine. Will look good in my collection and I cant wait to ride it. Not really going to mod it or anything. Plan on keeping that same look. Only thing I may change is the seat. Maybe do the 1000 motor swap but idk yet.

For now she will just sit in my storage unit till the weather gets warmer and keep my RD350 company.

Looks good! In really great shape! Congrats!!

Comment

Cool - I have the same bike but in blue that I'm getting ready for this spring/summer, wish I had the red...
      Don't forget to take the petcock off prime!
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Also cool grab bar I don't think I've seen one like that on a GS before
        1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
          Cool - I have the same bike but in blue that I'm getting ready for this spring/summer, wish I had the red...
          Don't forget to take the petcock off prime!
          I actually wanted the turquoise color but this one was available and the price was more than alright.

Comment

Congratulations on a nice looking find. I sure hope the tank is empty as the petcock is in prime position. Going to empty it soon if there is any fuel in the tank.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Woohoo!

Nice find. Congrats!

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Very nice! One of the best looking bikes ever made.
                '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

That does look good. Congrats and enjoy.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman1024 View Post
                    I actually wanted the turquoise color but this one was available and the price was more than alright.
                    Next time I'm out in NY state we can swap
                    1977 GS550

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                      Next time I'm out in NY state we can swap
                      If it is the turquoise and in as good of shape as mine I would be willing to swap.

Comment

Nice looking ride. Have fun with it!

Comment

Take an adjustable wrench and pinch it onto the rear signal brackets and tweek the signals back into linement. The chain guard is easilly replacable and IF you nt to repaint at some point PM me and I can have my "turqouise" paint scanned for you. I think its called Pearl Black Bluing actually.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            Take an adjustable wrench and pinch it onto the rear signal brackets and tweek the signals back into linement. The chain guard is easilly replacable and IF you nt to repaint at some point PM me and I can have my "turqouise" paint scanned for you. I think its called Pearl Black Bluing actually.
                            Awesome. Thank you

Comment

Nice find !

Looks like original stock paint and seat.
                              Original paint in great condition. Rare find. That is the value of that bike.

THat grab bar that was mentioned is good for when putting on center stand. Are often removed if someone adds bags and/or a back rack, and then lost before those are removed.

If you find those aftermarket bars are kinda low and short, well, okay if you like them, okay.
                              If not, you might like the stock ones better.

Last edited by Redman; 01-07-2017, 11:42 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                              X