How rare is this GS Resource sticker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How rare is this GS Resource sticker?

I was sticking some parts back on my newly acquired parts bike today and a very nice gentleman stopped by my house and started taking about old GS Suzuki bikes. Said that he had a GS550 a few years ago and attended a rally in Ashville??? some time ago. Anyway, he inquired if I knew about this forum and gave me this sticker! He said it was no longer available, and I was wanting to know when it was produced. Said that his original sticker got broken on a windshield and someone??? gave him this one in Ashville???

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!
    ~
    Attached Files
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

That's cool... A former member I would assume.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Have never seen that version before.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The 2 cam caps shape are a nice touch.
        Anybody here work at a vinyl shop? I think it would be a nice one to get reproduced.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Never saw that one. I found a few of these during our move. One of the forum members was selling them several years ago.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I have this on my Honda CRV.
            20170227_084337.jpg
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I would say it is from somewhere around 2000-2005. I have a couple of those as well as a stitch on patch with the same design around the time I got my first GS.
              Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
              2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Baatfam, when were those ones made? I wish they could be reprinted.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  The 2 cam caps shape are a nice touch.
                  Anybody here work at a vinyl shop? I think it would be a nice one to get reproduced.
                  Agree about the cam caps - what a neat addition
                  -Rich

1982 GS850GL - WE DID IT! Introduction

Comment

I've got a connection at a vinyl shop. I can reproduce the file and have them printed if anyone is interested. Does anyone happen to know what font that is?

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      Baatfam, when were those ones made? I wish they could be reprinted.
                      Had to be at least 3-4 years, maybe longer.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Never saw that one. I found a few of these during our move. One of the forum members was selling them several years ago.
                        I have one of these on my tool box and in a MOT sticker holder on my 1100g. Bought them from " flaming chainsaw" about 2012 I think. I could see what it would cost to have some made here locally from mine. I like the windshield stickers that were given for supporting the fourm that I've seen on a few members (Sandy, Basscliff?)bikes. Anyone have picture of one of these?
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          I have one of these on my tool box and in a MOT sticker holder on my 1100g. Bought them from " flaming chainsaw" about 2012 I think. I could see what it would cost to have some made here locally from mine. I like the windshield stickers that were given for supporting the fourm that I've seen on a few members (Sandy, Basscliff?)bikes. Anyone have picture of one of these?
                          I know this is super old but I’m back! (I am Flaming Chainsaws)

Is there still interest in this? If so, I can get more made up. But I’m not sure if the logo is still free to use or not. At the time, it was.

I had patches made as well.
                          1977 Suzuki GS750
                          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Adam AOD organized those get togethers, He still lives in Ashville but doubt he is still active on the GSR. He may know who made those stickers.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Zerospirit View Post
                              I know this is super old but I’m back! (I am Flaming Chainsaws)

Is there still interest in this? If so, I can get more made up. But I’m not sure if the logo is still free to use or not. At the time, it was.

I had patches made as well.
                              Welcome back.

I would have interest. My patch like that decal has gotten worn/dirty (on a hat).

As far as the use ability of the logo: THis forum is run by a private person (Frank, administrator), not any corporation that might have any patents or copyrights or anything.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                              X