How rare is this GS Resource sticker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zerospirit View Post
    I know this is super old but I’m back! (I am Flaming Chainsaws)

Is there still interest in this? If so, I can get more made up. But I’m not sure if the logo is still free to use or not. At the time, it was.

I had patches made as well.
    By all means, definitely get some made up if you can. I'll take one or two for sure. 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      THis forum is run by a private person (Frank, administrator), not any corporation that might have any patents or copyrights or anything.
      Even though it's owned by a private person, it would still be nice to get permission.
      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Good to see some familiar names!

I remember specifically asking permission to use the logo to make stickers and patches and was told I'm all good to go. But just in case, can someone point me to the direction of who owns this forum? I'm not sure if Frank is the username?

I looked back at my old pictures. This was my first batch.

Had these patches made as well.

Sorry about image quality. This was back when I didn't have a single decent camera haha.

Maybe this time around, the lettering could be brushed aluminum?
        1977 Suzuki GS750
        1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Frank is his name yes but you can send a PM to administrator since that is his username and function. It may take a bit for him to respond as I’m sure he is probably busy
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            Frank is his name yes but you can send a PM to administrator since that is his username and function. It may take a bit for him to respond as I’m sure he is probably busy
            Yeah, you’re right with him being busy. Sent a PM a week ago but no response yet. I’ll keep holding off until then.
            1977 Suzuki GS750
            1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I bet I can make a good guess as to who you talked to... hope he's doing OK!

The first Asheville rally was in 2005. I'd have to do some digging to figure out when they sort of faded out. I think 2010 or 2011 might have been the last one but I've been back to the area nearly every year since for dual-sport riding.

But that's all getting off the topic.

Anyway, sure, I'd be in for some stickers if Zerospirit or whoever makes another batch!
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I have a stickers on one of my GS and have a patch somewhere, maybe 2.
                Marc
                AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                1978 GS1000C X2
                1978 GS1000E X2
                1979 GS1000S
                1979 gs1000
                1983 gs400e

Comment

I got the OK from Frank to make stickers! And patches if I decide to.

I'm gonna make a very small batch to make sure quality and stuff is all good first.

I'll make a new thread in the for sale spot when its all ready.
                  1977 Suzuki GS750
                  1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

I'd be up for a couple of those, once you get going on it. Stickers for sure, and maybe a patch or two.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Same here, count me in when production begins. At least 2 of each, maybe more.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I remember getting one of the two last patches offered some years ago. I would be in for a patch and two stickers. My patch was with a bunch of stuff that got stolen.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I'd buy a few.
                          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Got some stickers made up. Decided on a smaller size this time, 2"x2".

I only had like 50 made. A few had defects, I'm keeping some for myself, and I'm giving some away. So I guess I'd have around 40 left. I can always get more, just wasn't sure on demand yet. So don't worry if you miss out on this batch.

Some placement ideas and shows the size of the sticker.

I will make a separate post in the for sale section sometime this week. I just want to get envelopes, shipping, pricing, etc first.
                            1977 Suzuki GS750
                            1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                            X