• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the facts....

Comment

Nice! That's a strong running 250!
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Well...the RZV has been 100% completely rebuilt throughout, yet leaving the 35 year patina of it's paint to continue to shine.

And then I had an impulsive moment and broke down....buying another bike from Japan.
        It is one of 500 produced for homologation purposes for the All Japan series F3 / TT
        1991 TZR250RSP /3XV2
        dry clutch / close ratio trans / fully adjustable suspension / 36mm mikuni powerjet carbs / TZ crank and radiator....as original.

Bought as a non runner, I put about 20 hours of time into it...as well as even more $$$. But it lives once again.

Comment

And now back to the Suzuki side....
          The RGV VJ21L on the first page....after 6 years of collecting bits, I decided it was time to get it on the table

Another one getting the rejuvenation treatment, with some rare bits thrown in for good measure.

Now a dry clutch F3 bike for the street....VJ21 SP

Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Another super sweet collectable toy. Very Nice.

Comment

Very cool.
              Not that i know much about them but i thought they had USD forks? Is this an earlier model.?
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dude... You have a problem... LOL

Amazing work. Just stunning. I am just curious, from auction to delivery, what does something like that cost?
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
                  Another super sweet collectable toy. Very Nice.
                  Thanks.
                  After 6 years of waiting, and all of the previous years of neglect and abuse, it deserves a fresh start.

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Very cool.
                  Not that i know much about them but i thought they had USD forks? Is this an earlier model.?
                  Thanks
                  Yes it is the first generation V-twin stroker VJ21...88/89 Japanese market. The second generation was VJ22 which had the first USD forks and banana swingarm 90/95
                  Then the VJ23 which only was in production for 7 months in 1996....then that was it for Suzuki two stroke street bikes forever.

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                  Dude... You have a problem... LOL

Amazing work. Just stunning. I am just curious, from auction to delivery, what does something like that cost?
                  Thanks.
                  Cost....something I try not to think about.
                  Brokers...Shippers...
                  ...getting bike from seller to my buyer, then buyer boxing and sending to shipping port, then transport company trucks the box to storage facility through the broker...after customs inspection.... Then I get the call to come get it in 3 days or I start to pay for storage...$$$$.
                  More or less a couple thousand $$$$

But I prefer to kind of find the bike myself and buy it in this way. The bikes I have bought had not gone through some company that (fixes/cleans up) the bikes before sale for profit.
                  I rather buy bikes that have not been touched by anyone....I want to be the first one to split the cases, and restore the proper way...

Comment

I had the pleasure of driving a stock Canadian RD/RVZ500? way back. I'm driving it like a 4-stroke when all of a sudden it gets on the pipe. OMG! It was like ya hit the nitrous button. First bike to scare me. Your bikes are beautiful as is your collection. Most of us on this forum including myself have the same addiction, no disrespect but I hope you never get cured.
                    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Doesn't sound like it is as expensive as I was thinking it was. But still more than I can afford, lol. Really cool bikes though. I like the rare and unusual, as long as they are good looking bikes to begin with. I can appreciate a 1916 Harley Davidson for what it is, but it's not the most attractive bike, and I don't really want one.
                      Last edited by Spyder; 03-13-2020, 01:51 PM.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                        I had the pleasure of driving a stock Canadian RD/RVZ500? way back. I'm driving it like a 4-stroke when all of a sudden it gets on the pipe. OMG! It was like ya hit the nitrous button. First bike to scare me. Your bikes are beautiful as is your collection. Most of us on this forum including myself have the same addiction, no disrespect but I hope you never get cured.
                        Thanks
                        No disrespect...I am well aware of my uncontrollable need for more motorcycle projects....
                        Temporary cure is another bike....or at least parts for the current project

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        Doesn't sound like it is as expensive as I was thinking it was. But still more than I can afford, lol. Really cool bikes though. I like the rare and unusual, as long as they are good looking bikes to begin with. I can appreciate a 1916 Harley Davidson for what it is, but it's not the most attractive bike, and I don't really want one.
                        Thanks
                        Rare bikes are cool, but sometimes so rare that no one knows what they really are.... and getting the right parts can be a complete pain in the ass more often than not.
                        All part of the torture I have found addicting....

Comment

SICK, SICK, SICK lookin' bikes there. verrry niiiice.
                          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                            SICK, SICK, SICK lookin' bikes there. verrry niiiice.
                            Thanks
                            I just wished I lived somewhere that I could use them on something other than the boring roads around my area.

Comment

Can't disagree with you there... Have do some traveling to get to some fun roads.
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

Comment

Working...
                              X