• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooligan!
    Nice way to finish off the season.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Comment

Was that an horse-drawn carriage @ 1:34 ?
        1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
        1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
        1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
        Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post
          Thanks guys. Nothing but corn fields in my area of the world....unless I head a little north into Michigan.
          More lakes and curves to go around them up there...
          Racks are full now, and the move is done, so now I can get back to bikes again.

What a wonderful collection!
          1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
          Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Thanks guys and Happy Holidays to you all

Horse drawn carriage.....yea, I'm in the corn fields of Amish country....
            That's why I had to start letting off....

Comment

Cool video, and happy holidays to you as well.
              I saw the above listing and thought of you.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Damn...I looked at pic before seeing what it was listed as and thought.....it's a RG500...!!! I'm buying it...
                And then took a second look and it is a 250....but yes, it is a very cool little bike and it uses Suzuki's very first aluminum production frame (83/87)
                Values on nearly anything two stroke have been moving up at a good rate.

Comment

Just saw this:
                  209 Lbs 70 HP
                  What we have here is a brand new concept from Italian start-up Vins Motors—a 250cc two-stroke parallel twin in a carbon monocoque chassis, with no welds and the all-important Euro 4 compliance.

It meets Euro4, so potentially could come to the US.
                  sigpic
                  09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260
                  Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I've seen a few write ups on that bike....would be cool if it became reality, but $30,000 is a lot of money...
                    Although the new Suter MMX500 is way more $$$ It is real and it is bad ass

Comment

So you need to raise some cash you say.
                      Hmmmmm, i'll take the Kat, the CBX.....and a kidney. How much?
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                        So you need to raise some cash you say.
                        Hmmmmm, i'll take the Kat, the CBX.....and a kidney. How much?
                        I just drained the account again....
                        But I did get a V4 2 stroke.....far from new.....a dreambike I have let torment me for the last time.
                        Aluminum frame RZV500....did not want a steel frame RZ or RD version
                        Japan was the only place to go for it.

Hope to have it in the garage and plated before spring.

Comment

per your signature... you now own 18 bikes?
                          1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
                          1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
                          1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
                          Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Congrats, Randy.
                            Doing a bit of reading it says the engine was slightly detuned for the Japanese market.
                            Is that easily solved or is that considered sacrilegious for such a rare model?

Some pics of the frame welding when you get it would be great.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
                              per your signature... you now own 18 bikes?
                              Well one of the GT750's is gone....sold and living in the UK now.
                              But my KD80 and RGV250 VJ23T are not on the list....and the RZV is yet to be available for an actual head count.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                Congrats, Randy.
                                Doing a bit of reading it says the engine was slightly detuned for the Japanese market.
                                Is that easily solved or is that considered sacrilegious for such a rare model?

Some pics of the frame welding when you get it would be great.
                                I'll definitely get pics.... I love pics
                                The detuning was done by putting a sleeve in the head pipes necking them down, and smaller main jets/different needles/pilots....
                                Cut the welds on the pipes and have all the sleeves out in 20 minutes, then rejet....still looks 100% but runs like it was designed to run.
                                Ignition boxes were the same in all of them, so no change there.

Comment

Working...
                                X