Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Bike useage vs your age...

That's interesting. I've only ridden a couple of Triumph triples, but they felt quite different from I4s.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by oldGSfan View Post
    Six cylinders on a motorcycle just seems like too much. Now by too much, of course I mean perfect...

2) I crawl like a viper through these suburban streets
    When I was a teenager, I was slightly intimidated by the girth of the CB750...how much the left side of the engine extended out.

Searching for some prey to sink those turbo fangs into. Sorry, that's Mister Turbo.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I'm 63, been riding since I was 20. This is the first year I had to put the bikes up for the winter. We moved to the mountains and have snow here. It sucks. It seemed that almost every year I was riding more. I had a regular group ride that I led. I also was teaching new riders how to improve. I cannot wait until spring. I'm also starting my very first season of Supermoto racing this coming year.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    Talking about the BMW, Cycle World said that the in line six might be the perfect configuration for a bike engine: it was so naturally smooth that it needed no balancers.
    When it was new it was so smooth with the oem pipes and helmet on you got no sense that it was running. Sometimes I'd forget I'd already started it and hit the start button again, I learned to check the tach first after that. 43 years later it's considerably noisier but still silky smooth.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

When I was a teenager, I was slightly intimidated by the girth of the CB750...how much the left side of the engine extended out.

Searching for some prey to sink those turbo fangs into. Sorry, that's Mister Turbo.
    I hear that a lot about the cbx but it's an illusion, it's only 3/4' wider than my GSX1150

To me, the CBx is the single most desirable Japanese motorcycle ever made.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    To me, the CBx is the single most desirable Japanese motorcycle ever made.
    See, if that bike were in my living room, I wouldn't get much TV watching accomplished. And if anyone ever tried to cover up that engine in the name of aerodynamics, they'd see how aerodynamic my foot was going up their rear.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

See, if that bike were in my living room, I wouldn't get much TV watching accomplished. And if anyone ever tried to cover up that engine in the name of aerodynamics, they'd see how aerodynamic my foot was going up their rear.
    I met a another owner when I was out on mine in 2019. His father had passed and he had inherited a mint '79 that his father had on display in his basement for the past 25-30 years. He asked if I was interested in buying it for $10k(hell ya) he gave me his phone number which I immediately lost. I could've doubled my money in a week, if not a lot more if I spent the time to market it properly. I'd heard a local rumour years earlier of someone having a mint '79 on display in his home but thought it was just a myth.