Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Double Open Barrel Coil Terminal

Hi Everyone,

This terminal is for a 1983 GS750ES and it connects the coils to the ignitor unit through the wiring harness. I would love help finding it! I have checked all of the electrical terminal websites and have had no luck. The closest name for this terminal that I have is: DJ6210-6.3B. A google search will show it's specs. It seems these are only sold in batches of 1000 and even then they are out of stock. I was hoping someone here has a few of these for sale or a reliable alternative for connecting wires to the coils.

coil wire terminal.jpg

I am in the process of a complete rebuild of my wiring harness. I have already replicated all wires and am on the step of finding all of the original terminals. I have already found all of the .110 terminals, .250 terminals, and bullet terminals. I am not sure if anyone else has rebuilt a wiring harness, but I would love to hear tips and tricks so I can learn for your mistakes

Here is the progress i've made so far.

All new GXL wires with oem wire colors and stripes.
    IMG_2127.jpg

Comment

Om my gsx750es the wire was disentegrating from the connector. I just replaced the connector with an ordenary automotive connector. No need to har a special one, If your not building it original.

Comment

Can you give a picture of the other end? It looks like it's just a wider blade type but I'd be curious at what the full connection is.
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

My goal would be to make this as stock as possible, but I am not against upgrading to a sealed connection. I just want a reliable ride. My only concern about going to a regular female spade is that it may jiggle loose or it will not allow for enough power to flow through. My concern about power is because I see the letters AMP with a 6 below it on the regular connector.

The other end are the terminals that stick out of the coil. I will take a picture later on today.

Thanks for the input so far!

Comment

Go to Vintageconnections.com and get new terminals and the ratchet crimper. Using the OEM style terminals that are properly crimped will not just fall out prevent enough power getting to the end points as long as your battery is charged and all connections are clean
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X