Four (4) 1981 GS1100E restorations in southern Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    Because it is a scam, there are no bikes and the poster isn't in FL either.
    Weird that somebody would pull a fake picture of a scam ad and bring it HERE to start a rebuild thread? Makes no sense whatsoever. What was he going to gain by it?
    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

This forum is DEDICATED to the Administrator's GS850 rebuild. O N L Y.
      what happened to the 1100GK?
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

sorry for the delay as I own a home and live in Mount Dora, FL , work in Crystal City, VA where I have an apartment, and a 2nd home in Lusby, MD. The gorgeous silver 1980 GS1100E and the 1976 KZ900B are at my home in FL and the 4 GS1100E's i want to restore are in the home in Maryland. As soon as I get home tonight I will take pics with a newspaper of the silver GS1100E and red KZ900B. You guys are a tough crowd! LOL!

Comment

Until I get the pics posted. I purchased the bike from VJMOTO Lewisville, TX on EBAY on Feb 13, 2017 for $5,601. Goto http://www.vjmoto.com/vj-moto-gallery/ as they still have a pic of the GS1100E there. I arranged shipping with Joe Whelan of VJMOTO to my house in FL. Yes I bought it sight unseen and it has turned out to be a steal at $5601. Every where I go it's the main attraction. I love it so much I bought 4 more that I want to restore. I am posting a screen shot of my ebay purchasing history.EBAY.jpg

Comment

Until I get the pics posted. I purchased the bike from VJMOTO Lewisville, TX on EBAY on Feb 13, 2017 for $5,601. Goto http://www.vjmoto.com/vj-moto-gallery/ as they still have a pic of the GS1100E there. I arranged shipping with Joe Whelan of VJMOTO to my house in FL. Yes I bought it sight unseen and it has turned out to be a steal at $5601. Every where I go it's the main attraction. I love it so much I bought 4 more that I want to restore. I am posting a screen shot of my ebay purchasing history.EBAY.jpg

Comment

A better screen shot of the ebay purchase EBAY.jpg

Comment

These are 2 of the 4 at my home in MD.Rebuilds.jpg

Comment

I was in the USAF @ Norton AFB in San Bernardino, CA from 1979 to 1987. I ran with a crowd who were famous motorcycle racers in the area, Turbo Fred Yeager and Nitrous Gray Brunelle (he authored a book on nitrous and motorcycles). Through these 2 I met Terry Vance, Byron Hines, and PeeWee Gleason. As they all became famous and I did not, I'm sure they don't remember me. Gary and I were the 1st to turbocharge a 1984 Ninja 900 with help from American Turbo Pak. Norm of Norms Motorcycle in San Bernardino can verify all of this.... This is where I had my 1st 1981 GS1100E and loved it. Over the years I've had multiple bikes, but always liked the older Japanese classics. This year for my 60th birthday my wife allowed me to purchase the silver GS1100E that has spurred so many comments. I assure all of you that me and my bikes are authentic....
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2017, 04:01 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

Hi here's the pic with newspaperGS1100E.jpg

Comment

withoutIMG_0730.jpg

Comment

other sideboth.jpg

Comment

OK now that that is settled; my only reason for posted on GSRESOURCES is to find like minded Suzuki fans that could help me restore the 4 in MD. I see several of you are from FL. If I were to bring 2 of them here to Mount Dora? I'm just looking for guidance through the motor rebuilding process. It's been 35 years since I did one and even then I had professional guidance and with the cost of a crank, piston kit, clutch basket, and a gasket set; I don't want to mess this up...

Comment

Originally posted by pservino View Post
                            sorry for the delay as I own a home and live in Mount Dora, FL , work in Crystal City, VA where I have an apartment, and a 2nd home in Lusby, MD. The gorgeous silver 1980 GS1100E and the 1976 KZ900B are at my home in FL and the 4 GS1100E's i want to restore are in the home in Maryland. As soon as I get home tonight I will take pics with a newspaper of the silver GS1100E and red KZ900B. You guys are a tough crowd! LOL!
                            Sorry about that! We've been scammed, conned and drawn into bait and switches enough that we're a bit gun shy sometimes. I have to admit that all the scam criteria seemed to fit, but I couldn't figure out where the hook was. LOL

J whelan rings a bell. I haven't seen him around here in quite a spell though.

Welcome aboard!!
                            Last edited by earlfor; 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

He's been posting. Last post was in May.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Sorry about that! We've been scammed, conned and drawn into bait and switches enough that we're a bit gun shy sometimes. I have to admit that all the scam criteria seemed to fit, but I couldn't figure out where the hook was. LOL

J whelan rings a bell. I haven't seen him around here in quite a spell though.

Welcome aboard!!
                                Paul, he forgot to mention his name. It's Mudd.

I'd be glad to help anyway I can. I'm not that far away.
                                GSRick
                                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                                X