Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Four (4) 1981 GS1100E restorations in southern Maryland

A better screen shot of the ebay purchase EBAY.jpg

These are 2 of the 4 at my home in MD.Rebuilds.jpg

I was in the USAF @ Norton AFB in San Bernardino, CA from 1979 to 1987. I ran with a crowd who were famous motorcycle racers in the area, Turbo Fred Yeager and Nitrous Gray Brunelle (he authored a book on nitrous and motorcycles). Through these 2 I met Terry Vance, Byron Hines, and PeeWee Gleason. As they all became famous and I did not, I'm sure they don't remember me. Gary and I were the 1st to turbocharge a 1984 Ninja 900 with help from American Turbo Pak. Norm of Norms Motorcycle in San Bernardino can verify all of this.... This is where I had my 1st 1981 GS1100E and loved it. Over the years I've had multiple bikes, but always liked the older Japanese classics. This year for my 60th birthday my wife allowed me to purchase the silver GS1100E that has spurred so many comments. I assure all of you that me and my bikes are authentic....
    Last edited by pservino; 06-13-2017 at 04:01 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Hi here's the pic with newspaperGS1100E.jpg

withoutIMG_0730.jpg

other sideboth.jpg

OK now that that is settled; my only reason for posted on GSRESOURCES is to find like minded Suzuki fans that could help me restore the 4 in MD. I see several of you are from FL. If I were to bring 2 of them here to Mount Dora? I'm just looking for guidance through the motor rebuilding process. It's been 35 years since I did one and even then I had professional guidance and with the cost of a crank, piston kit, clutch basket, and a gasket set; I don't want to mess this up...

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by pservino View Post
    sorry for the delay as I own a home and live in Mount Dora, FL , work in Crystal City, VA where I have an apartment, and a 2nd home in Lusby, MD. The gorgeous silver 1980 GS1100E and the 1976 KZ900B are at my home in FL and the 4 GS1100E's i want to restore are in the home in Maryland. As soon as I get home tonight I will take pics with a newspaper of the silver GS1100E and red KZ900B. You guys are a tough crowd! LOL!
    Sorry about that! We've been scammed, conned and drawn into bait and switches enough that we're a bit gun shy sometimes. I have to admit that all the scam criteria seemed to fit, but I couldn't figure out where the hook was. LOL

J whelan rings a bell. I haven't seen him around here in quite a spell though.

Welcome aboard!!
    Last edited by earlfor; 06-13-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    I support entropy for all.

He's been posting. Last post was in May.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    Sorry about that! We've been scammed, conned and drawn into bait and switches enough that we're a bit gun shy sometimes. I have to admit that all the scam criteria seemed to fit, but I couldn't figure out where the hook was. LOL

J whelan rings a bell. I haven't seen him around here in quite a spell though.

Welcome aboard!!
    Paul, he forgot to mention his name. It's Mudd.

I'd be glad to help anyway I can. I'm not that far away.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.