Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carburetur parts question...Sorry if it's a repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
    Perhaps they look like the ones in posts 3 & 4...

I suspect that they do! But when I went in to find out the specifics of the parts that were needed (What with the whole "slide needle" confusion), the part they showed was #40 in the attached picture! It was not available when they searched originally, but it's in stock now both in my favorite parts sites, and on their supplier site, so it looks like I'm back in business shortly.

Parts Diagram.jpg

Comment

What locations show it as in stock?

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
        What locations show it as in stock?
        The shop checked their parts source and it was available on there, and I found it in stock on Suzukipartshouse.Com as well.

Comment

Yep, just checked again and they seem to be available from all of the online locations. Good to know. At $18 a piece, they are a bit pricey.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

So...On to the new phase!

We've moved beyond carb issues apparently...

The symptoms previously experienced while riding were:

sort of a quick stuttering in power/engine operation
            later became intermittent loss of power
            bike wasn't revving as well/smoothly

Initially, when those symptoms first appeared, they were intermittent, almost like a hiccup in the power production, but got worse, and eventually become continuous.

The shop that I had working on the carb completed the Carb rebuild/sync/etc., that I had asked for as the initial step in the work I was going to have them do in getting the bike back on the road. Unfortunately the main and easiest to witness symptom, the lack of revving with throttle, even when not in gear (Hence, under load), has persisted. The shop manager has said that, without a real shop manual he wasn't comfortable going any further in diagnosis and repair, due to the likely cost of finding the issue, when compared to the value of the bike.

As a consequence, he will be returning my bike to me, but only billing for parts he purchased up to this point.

Any suggestions about next steps?

Comment

Working...
            X