Promo code for Parts Outlaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promo code for Parts Outlaw?

Somebody (I think it was Steve) on here sent me the promo code for cheap shipping on the Parts Outlaw website, bit I can't find it now. Does anyone know what it is? I'm buying $4.00 worth of stuff, and can't bring myself to pay $10 shipping for 1/4 oz of material.

As always, thanks.

Type in BANG.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Hmmmm...... that's what I thought. I just tried it, and got this response: "We could not find a coupon or promo with the code "BANG". That's disappointing.

Comment

Seems that code is shot...

I've used it a couple of times recently with no problems, but when I placed my most recent order on 6/26 the code was dead...
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I'll try calling them today and see what up. Whoops, they might not be there today, I'll try tomorrow.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
            I'll try calling them today and see what up. Whoops, they might not be there today, I'll try tomorrow.
            Awesome. Yes, please do let me/us know what you find out. Thanks!

Comment

I placed 2 orders in the past few weeks. The code worked the first time, but not the second. Called to see if they'd honor it and they said no.

The lady told me it was orignally for one guy who regularly ordered hundreds of dollars of parts. Apparently he wasn't supposed to share it. She said they had to cancel it because shipping prices had gone up and too many people were using it. Also said they may do another promo code in the near future.
              Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
              2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
              1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
                I placed 2 orders in the past few weeks. The code worked the first time, but not the second. Called to see if they'd honor it and they said no.

The lady told me it was orignally for one guy who regularly ordered hundreds of dollars of parts. Apparently he wasn't supposed to share it. She said they had to cancel it because shipping prices had gone up and too many people were using it. Also said they may do another promo code in the near future.
                Thats funny. TOO many people were using it so they had to cancel it. It would be better if just a couple of people were using it? TOO many people indicates more sales, more happy customers but apparently not anymore. These companies don't understand the full weight behind these forums and everybody funneling business to them. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                  Thats funny. TOO many people were using it so they had to cancel it. It would be better if just a couple of people were using it? TOO many people indicates more sales, more happy customers but apparently not anymore. These companies don't understand the full weight behind these forums and everybody funneling business to them. Whatever.
                  Unless they were getting a lot of orders like the one I was trying to place; four washers for a total of $4.28. You can imagine there isn't much profit in that sale, and if you have to spend $2.00 to ship it, you have a net loss.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                    Unless they were getting a lot of orders like the one I was trying to place; four washers for a total of $4.28. You can imagine there isn't much profit in that sale, and if you have to spend $2.00 to ship it, you have a net loss.
                    Ok, that's a fair point but there should be some type of system in place that considers the weight, maybe $4 for light items. Can I ask what the shipping charge that was quoted to you for those 4 washers? There is a balancing act, I am guessing they were charging MORE than the $2-$3 bucks

Comment

They have a minimum flat rate of $9.99 for shipping.
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Ok, that's a fair point but there should be some type of system in place that considers the weight, maybe $4 for light items. Can I ask what the shipping charge that was quoted to you for those 4 washers? There is a balancing act, I am guessing they were charging MORE than the $2-$3 bucks
                        Washers could be sent taped to a .49 post card. $9.99 minimum??
                        Alan

sigpic
                        Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                        Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                        Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                        Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

So minimum is $9.95, that is kind of crazy. They are kissing off all of the very light orders goodbye. Did a mock order of 4 nuts at Parts Outlaw and Bike Bandit, 08310-00087. Bike Bandit was .27 higher per nut but shipping was $3.00 cheaper, Bike Bandit wins. Even at that Bike Bandit could ship it for $3.00 easily if they wanted to.

Comment

Yes, their standard shipping charge is $9.95 flat rate. Doesn't make sense for $4.00 worth of stuff that weighs as much as a piece of paper.

Comment

I've never had a problem making up a order to offset the cost of shipping, and I try to avoid shipping single items whenever possible.

We have a pretty good Suzuki shop here in the city that, if one doesn't mind waiting a bit, is better for getting one-of the smaller/lighter parts like gaskets, bushings, o-rings, screws, etc. Ours doesn't charge any extra for bringing in parts, either, and the prices don't seem to be that much more than Parts Outlaw, especially with the exchange rate.

Ann Arbor's not that small. You don't have a decent local shop?
                              '83 GS650G
                              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                              X