Promo code for Parts Outlaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
    Thats funny. TOO many people were using it so they had to cancel it. It would be better if just a couple of people were using it? TOO many people indicates more sales, more happy customers but apparently not anymore. These companies don't understand the full weight behind these forums and everybody funneling business to them. Whatever.

You'd think that would be the case. Shipping varies by weight, and I can't see paying $10 shipping for something that would fit in an envelope.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post

Ann Arbor's not that small. You don't have a decent local shop?
      We have exactly one motorcycle dealer in Ann Arbor, and they don't carry Suzuki. And even if they did, I wouldn't deal with them; they're a dealership in the worst sense of the word. I once asked one of their mechanics if they could work on my '81 Honda CB900 Custom; his reply: "I've worked on a couple 'o them things. Ain't never had much luck with 'em". Not the kind of people I want to give my money to.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        We have exactly one motorcycle dealer in Ann Arbor, and they don't carry Suzuki. And even if they did, I wouldn't deal with them; they're a dealership in the worst sense of the word. I once asked one of their mechanics if they could work on my '81 Honda CB900 Custom; his reply: "I've worked on a couple 'o them things. Ain't never had much luck with 'em". Not the kind of people I want to give my money to.
        Fair enough. If you ain't got it, you can't make use of it.

I dread the day our local guy decides to end/sell/give up on the business.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          Fair enough. If you ain't got it, you can't make use of it.

I dread the day our local guy decides to end/sell/give up on the business.
          Derrick, we also have Daytona Motorcycles who opened up a new store on East Cordova St., so no worries even now that Modern has lost their Suzuki Dealership License.

They are very knowledgeable and good to deal with, as they were a Suzuki Dealer many moons ago.

David
          2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
          2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
          1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
          2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
          1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
          1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
          1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
          Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

When I buy from partsoutlaw, I spend more than $10. The least amount I've spent was between $30-$40.

I seriously couldn't spend $4 and expect shipping to be the same as what I paid. But that's just me.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

We ought to send multiple emails requesting a shipping free promo code for the GSR community. Tell them that we buy almost exclusively from them and if they would like to keep our business, please provide an incentive for us to remain with them. I origionally went with them because I could drive up there if I had an issue, but there are other places like Babbits, Hondaparts, Bikebandit......... that may be willing to accommodate such a large group. http://www.partsoutlaw.com/contactus

Maybe someone here that is good at being tactful, can write a form letter we can copy and paste to send them, so they may find out the potential loss of business by the volume they receive.

Give Us a Call
              Direct: 386-469-7977
              Tues-Fri 9am-5:00pm EST
              Email: customerservice@partsoutlaw.com
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The $1.99 shipping was great, but I don't really mind paying $9.99 to have my package shipped 3000 miles. The nearest Suzuki shop is at least 80 miles away. It's not practical to buy parts from them.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I sent a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
                    I sent a message.
                    Is is worthy of a copy and paste for the rest of us? If you think it is post it. Or start a new thread, "Message to Partsoutlaw", that way people will know what to do. If it works or doesn't we might try with some other outlets we frequent. I think free shipping from anywhere is incentive for us cheapskates to consider.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                      Is is worthy of a copy and paste for the rest of us? If you think it is post it. Or start a new thread, "Message to Partsoutlaw", that way people will know what to do. If it works or doesn't we might try with some other outlets we frequent. I think free shipping from anywhere is incentive for us cheapskates to consider.
                      I used the link above to contact them so can't see the message I sent.

I basically wrote the following.

Please bring back the shipping promo code for GSR members.

My name is David and I go by Kiwi Canuck on GS Resources forum.

I have been a customer of parts Outlaw for about 5 years, I found out about Boulevard Suzuki, now Parts Outlaw from the GSR forum.

I now pass the name onto all new members and let them know that Parts Outlaw is one of the preferred suppliers for Suzuki parts.

Part of the reason I have been so loyal is the low shipping costs and it's great when I have forgotten a few small pieces after placing a large order, i have no hesitation in placing another order.

Please consider bringing the promo back as we are a bunch of cheap skates with plenty of money to spend and we want to spend it at Parts Outlaw.

Regards,

David.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
                        I used the link above to contact them so can't see the message I sent.

I basically wrote the following.

Please bring back the shipping promo code for GSR members.

My name is David and I go by Kiwi Canuck on GS Resources forum.

I have been a customer of parts Outlaw for about 5 years, I found out about Boulevard Suzuki, now Parts Outlaw from the GSR forum.

I now pass the name onto all new members and let them know that Parts Outlaw is one of the preferred suppliers for Suzuki parts.

Part of the reason I have been so loyal is the low shipping costs and it's great when I have forgotten a few small pieces after placing a large order, i have no hesitation in placing another order.

Please consider bringing the promo back as we are a bunch of cheap skates with plenty of money to spend and we want to spend it at Parts Outlaw.

Regards,

David.
                        That's pretty good and if they notice your located out of the country, maybe they may realize how much name dropping goes on here.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Sent mine.

To whom it may concern. I am a member(GSRICK) of The GSResources, GSR for short. If you don't already know it is a motorcycle forum for people that restore, repair and customize Suzuki GS models from 1977 to 1985. thegsresources.com
                          Here are some interesting stats.

The GSResources Forums Statistics
                          Threads 83,804 Posts 987,994 Members 7,109 Active Members 1,044

We are a dedicated group of motorcyclists from all over the world. At almost a million posts and nearly 84 thousand threads, you can see how active this forum is. This is not even counting those that are simply reading the threads and do not become members. Think of the exposure your company is receiving.

I personally have been getting parts from you, since back when it was Boulevard Suzuki and Ashley was taking orders. Sadly we have recently discovered that you are not honoring the BANG promo code for free or greatly reduced shipping. Your business is very important to us and your name is dropped as the place to contact, to every one looking for new parts . I understand that you may lose a little by providing very low or free shipping, but if you take into account the amount of shoppers you have access to through our forum, I think the volume of business would be well worth some consideration of reinstating or creating a new promo code such as GSR for our members to use.

I am a local and have really appreciated you and I hope you will appreciate us again in return. Thanks Rick.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Tracking. I'm curious to see if this goes anywhere...
                            sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

Same here. I've been buying lots of parts from P O when the code went away. I emailed to ask about the code and the woman who wrote back said they were going to change the code. A week later I wrote again and she said no more code because too many people got their hands on it. Was it supposed to be a secret code at one time??

Comment

Not even a return reply. Now they even lost a locals business.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X