Mounting Universal Seat on GS425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting Universal Seat on GS425

Hey guys, I've been restoring a gs425, which didn't come with a seat. I bought this seat here:

Any clues on how to mount it?

I'd say that would be a truly custom fit. You would need to know what the material on the underside of the seat is, maybe hit up the seller for some measurements. Stuff like that, in my rather limited experience tends to require a rear hoop to be mounted on the frame, as opposed to the original duck tail.

Comment

You'll need to chop some of your existing frame from the very back and add a hoop for stability. Once that's done, you can have some bolt holes tapped
      into the side where the brackets are situated. The seat itself should sit flush on top of the frame.

Comment

In other words, your project has just turned from "restoration" to "custom".

Comment

A seat that fits a CL70 right through to a CB1000C isn't going to fit either (or probably anything) perfectly.
          Current:
          Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
          VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
          And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
          X