Good service from babbittsonline.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good service from babbittsonline.com

Over the past few months, I have ordered lots of OEM replacement parts for my 1978 GS550 from Babbitt's Online. Click on OEM Parts, then Suzuki, then Suzuki Motorcycle Parts, then the year and model of your bike. Then you will have a choice of very detailed exploded views of all the systems on your bike. They don't have everything, but they have a lot. Reasonable prices, fast shipping. Highly recommended.

Welcome to the forum.
    I order from Babbit's as well. They're not the best price you can find but reasonable. You are correct about the service though, it's excellent.
    Alan

sigpic
    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Virtually all of the online vendors still have to order from the Suzuki warehouse(s), so if one can get it, all of them can.

I haven't checked prices recently, but you might have been able to save a bit of money at Parts Outlaw.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS550Minnesota View Post
        Over the past few months, I have ordered lots of OEM replacement parts for my 1978 GS550 from Babbitt's Online. Click on OEM Parts, then Suzuki, then Suzuki Motorcycle Parts, then the year and model of your bike. Then you will have a choice of very detailed exploded views of all the systems on your bike. They don't have everything, but they have a lot. Reasonable prices, fast shipping. Highly recommended.
        I've have the opposite experience with my 1982 GS650G. I've used the parts schematic tool to ensure I've referenced the right part ID, and still I was shipped:

1) Wrong engine case emblems
        2) Gold instead of silver tank emblem
        3) Incorrect bolts for seat grab rail (wrong length, wrong thread type)
        4) Split orders, when their policy states not to partial ship outside contiguous USA

The biggest issue with them compared to eBay is that you cannot visually confirm what you're buying since they provide no pics. I would have caught the incorrect emblems had they shown me what they were sending. Returning is a hassle since I have to pay for shipping - which I can accept if I've changed my mind, but not when I'm shipped incorrect goods.

My rule now, if you can't show me what you're selling, I'm not buying it.
        Last edited by Admiral Beez; 01-14-2019, 01:50 PM.
        1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
        X