physics teacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

physics teacher

Physics Teacher was struck while riding his Roadster by a pickup truck turning left suddenly in front of him while he was attempting to pass on July 24, 2017. His injuries allowed him to survive only a few hours. All who knew him are deeply saddened and miss him a lot. He was an avid follower of the GS Forum and loved his GS 650, which he still rode a lot. If anyone would like to buy his GS, his family would appreciate it. We know he is riding the most amazing bike in heaven. Physics teacher and motorcycle rider are one and the same.
    Submitted by his wife, Judy

Really admired his comments and insight over the years. I know from what he said about his journey with his GS 650, that he had gone through that bike with a fine tooth comb to get it where it is. He offered us 650 owners first hand experience of the virtues and pit falls of the bike. Thank you for letting us know. He will be missed here. (His actual join date precedes mine.)
    Last edited by Charlie G; 09-23-2017, 05:03 PM.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

So sorry to read of this news. Thank you Judy for submitting this message and my deepest condolences.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Rode with him a few times at rallies over the years. Certainly had a very nice bike. Good luck with the sale.
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

That is terrible news. I am very sorry to read this.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this. My condolences.

Comment

Condolences, His love for that bike was obvious.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

So sorry for your loss Judy. I only met him once at a rally in 2016 and just briefly at that. I do remember the 650 as a very nice looking bike.

Best wishes to you and the family as you try to move forward during this difficult time.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by physics-teacher View Post
                  Physics Teacher was struck while riding his Roadster by a pickup truck turning left suddenly in front of him while he was attempting to pass on July 24, 2017. His injuries allowed him to survive only a few hours. All who knew him are deeply saddened and miss him a lot. He was an avid follower of the GS Forum and loved his GS 650, which he still rode a lot. If anyone would like to buy his GS, his family would appreciate it. We know he is riding the most amazing bike in heaven. Physics teacher and motorcycle rider are one and the same.
                  Submitted by his wife, Judy
                  This post does mean a lot to us on the forum. Thank you. Funny how there is a bond developed over something like a bike brand that is hard to explain why. I am sorry for your loss since the person is more important than the bike that brought us together virtually or be it in person.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear of this. I rode with him at a couple of rallies, and his immaculate GS650 was always a standout. His love of riding was obvious.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

My condolences as well.

Sorry for your loss.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks, Ed

Comment

thanks. Yes, his GS is still immaculate. If you know someone who would like to buy it, contact me at madrebob@gmail.com Judy...Physics-teacher's wife

Comment

yes it still is nice looking. He was riding his Sportster when the accident happened. Know anyone who would like to buy it? My email: madrebob@gmail.com
                            Judy. his wife

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss Judy. I always enjoyed his posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X