Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: physics teacher

physics-teacher Guest

Default physics teacher

Physics Teacher was struck while riding his Roadster by a pickup truck turning left suddenly in front of him while he was attempting to pass on July 24, 2017. His injuries allowed him to survive only a few hours. All who knew him are deeply saddened and miss him a lot. He was an avid follower of the GS Forum and loved his GS 650, which he still rode a lot. If anyone would like to buy his GS, his family would appreciate it. We know he is riding the most amazing bike in heaven. Physics teacher and motorcycle rider are one and the same.
    Submitted by his wife, Judy

Really admired his comments and insight over the years. I know from what he said about his journey with his GS 650, that he had gone through that bike with a fine tooth comb to get it where it is. He offered us 650 owners first hand experience of the virtues and pit falls of the bike. Thank you for letting us know. He will be missed here. (His actual join date precedes mine.)
    Last edited by Charlie G; 09-23-2017 at 05:03 PM.

83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

So sorry to read of this news. Thank you Judy for submitting this message and my deepest condolences.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Sorry for your loss. Rode with him a few times at rallies over the years. Certainly had a very nice bike. Good luck with the sale.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

That is terrible news. I am very sorry to read this.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

posplayr is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Very sorry to hear about this. My condolences.
    Read about Charging Quick Test GS Charging Health GS Stator

"The smallest giant of mankind, is he who stands on the shoulders of a larger giant who himself stands on the shoulders of yet a larger giant, and therefore sees the most light from GOD." Posplayr 2017 adapted from : Bernard of Chartres

marvinsc is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Condolences, His love for that bike was obvious.
    2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

So sorry for your loss Judy. I only met him once at a rally in 2016 and just briefly at that. I do remember the 650 as a very nice looking bike.

Best wishes to you and the family as you try to move forward during this difficult time.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

lurch12_2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by physics-teacher View Post
    Physics Teacher was struck while riding his Roadster by a pickup truck turning left suddenly in front of him while he was attempting to pass on July 24, 2017. His injuries allowed him to survive only a few hours. All who knew him are deeply saddened and miss him a lot. He was an avid follower of the GS Forum and loved his GS 650, which he still rode a lot. If anyone would like to buy his GS, his family would appreciate it. We know he is riding the most amazing bike in heaven. Physics teacher and motorcycle rider are one and the same.
    Submitted by his wife, Judy
    This post does mean a lot to us on the forum. Thank you. Funny how there is a bond developed over something like a bike brand that is hard to explain why. I am sorry for your loss since the person is more important than the bike that brought us together virtually or be it in person.

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

I'm very sorry to hear of this. I rode with him at a couple of rallies, and his immaculate GS650 was always a standout. His love of riding was obvious.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.