Looking for suggestions for rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for suggestions for rear shocks

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension and wanted to start with the shocks as they're easier to replace. I'm not looking for El Cheapos, but I'm not made out of cash either. The streets here in Baltimore are not well maintained and there are still a few old cobblestone roads around.

What recommendations does the GSR have for upgraded shocks on a 82 650? Thanks in advance for any info!

There are MANY members that swear by Hagon.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Those are more affordable than I was expecting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Ikons are also decent

Ikon Suspension USA YOUR USA SUPPLIER OF AUSTRALIAN MADE IKON SUSPENSION Shop Now G’day, what do you ride? Classic Modern Competition Fork Springs Custom Lengths Parts & Service Design Classic​ Ikon motorcycle suspension. Serviceable for longevity. A thoughtful development and expansion of a design classic. Invest in Ikon suspension for your motorcycle and enjoy the ... Read more
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          There are MANY members that swear by Hagon.
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ighlight=hagon
          +1 ............

Comment

If you got the cash, hagons. Me , being cheap, I went for some gently used showas off a gs550. Length of 12.5+ worked much better for me than the 13.2 ones. I ride pitiful roads in boonies with lots of dirt - still good after 3 seasons. Plan to find back up set soon.
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Well, despite the overwhelming preference for the Hagons I think I'm gonna pick the Ikons. They do cost a bit more but they're rebuildable, available in a finish that will require less chrome polishing, and they're just about local to me being a little north of the Mason-Dixon line. Thanks again for the suggestions everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MechMessiah View Post
                Well, despite the overwhelming preference for the Hagons I think I'm gonna pick the Ikons. They do cost a bit more but they're rebuildable, available in a finish that will require less chrome polishing, and they're just about local to me being a little north of the Mason-Dixon line. Thanks again for the suggestions everyone!
                Nothing wrong with the IKON's, I have them on my 1100E and they work fine.

Mark
                1982 GS1100E
                1998 ZX-6R
                2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

I put on a set of Hagons and am very pleased with the result. I contacted them by phone, he took my requirements (weight, riding style) and recommended the proper springs. I'd say the results are spot on.

Comment

Working...
                  X