Carmen has left us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carmen has left us.

I just got a message saying our long-time member Carmen, whose real name was Carmine Ochiutto, has died at age 57, three weeks before his 58th birthday. His funeral is at 1PM today in Toronto. He suffered a ruptured aorta.

Carmen sold his motorcycle a couple of years ago and left GSR, but I fondly recall spending hours riding with him , or even just working on his bike in his driveway.

One fond memory is having another member, Tim White (TWHITE) hold Carmen's GS1100L on an angle against his body to keep the oil in the engine while I replaced the stator cover gasket with one I made from a corn flakes box while we were in the driveway. (the original one was leaking badly and Carmen would not ride the bike that way) Tony (MYSUZYQ) was also there to assist, with his pristine GS1100E waiting for him..

We all went for a delightful ride up through Collingwood after that...and Carmen's stator never leaked again.
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

RIP, much too young......
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Sorry to hear this; RIP Carmine.

Comment

A thought for Carmine, with the hope, that his next of kin, will not have to endure
        any more distress apart the loss of their loved one.
        GS1000G '81

Comment

So sorry to hear this. It sounds like some great memories you had with Carmine. May he rest in peace and for his family to have healing from the Lord our father.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
            A thought for Carmine, with the hope, that his next of kin, will not have to endure
            any more distress apart the loss of their loved one.

I cannot speak on behalf of his family, but feel certain in saying his family will take of their own.

They not only practice Italian family tradition, they live it.

I have attended more funeral services than I care to remember, but this was the most moving of them all.

Carmen has a considerably extended family, with all his children, siblings, and many cousins in attendance today along with a host of friends. There was standing room only.

His eldest daughter said they have had the very best of his Christian values and morals instilled in them along with with an abundance of enduring love and and endless patience throughout all of their lives. His children are very proud to be able to share all of this with their own young families.

I learned today that Carmen was named after Nono, (his grandfather) who was regarded as one of the most honourable, gentle and caring men the family has known. His family was of utmost importance to him.
            Carmen loved his grandfather and did his best to follow Nono's deep footprints, creating impressions of his own even as he did so. impressions that his own children now may strive to follow

Probably unknowingly, Carmen followed that path right up to his final moments as he died at the same age and of the same cause as his grandfather.
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

What a touching tribute you have created. He was blessed.....
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your friend. To all of those who knew him also. It always hurts to lose someone with whom you had something in common with. Gone way too soon.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Sorry to hear, may he rest in peace.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to his friends and family.

And thank you for sharing your memories of Carmine and his family.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Condolences to the family...life is short and we don't know if we get 20 years or a life expectancy of 78.74 years. I count everything after my 21st bday as "living on borrowed time" and a gift!

Comment

Sucks...

My thoughts to you and his family.

It's never easy losing a MC comrade.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sad to hear. Condolences
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Sucks...

My thoughts to you and his family.

It's never easy losing a MC comrade

You are right about that.

I met Carmen through GSR while I was riding the 1100G and that bike always had problems that I had spent many hours and many dollars working on. He did a search for other bikes and then mapped out a plan to see a few. We got in my car and drove towards London, Ontario: well over a hundred miles. We looked at bikes along the way, finally deciding on the 84 GS1100GK, which I bought immediately. I had the plate from the "G" in the car, so it was bolted on the GK and I rode it home, while Carmen brought the car back.

When I bought the Bandit a few years later, Carmen was the first person to see it.

Many fond memories.
                            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                            X