Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Earl's Brake Line Thread

My hoses/fittings arrived today. I will re-use the spring protectors from the stock lines, they come up fine with an acid bath and I had a couple sets to choose the best from. Also will re-use the rubber protective sleeves for stock look. It seems a shame to have to use shrink wrap to tidy up that exposed stainless weave at the ends but I guess that's the way to do it.

Edit: Got them done, all stock stuff on there, can't tell they are aftermarket, which I like. I will block off the anti-dive with a bolt, so no short lines needed.

Last edited by oldGSfan; 05-02-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by oldGSfan View Post
    My hoses/fittings arrived today. I will re-use the spring protectors from the stock lines, they come up fine with an acid bath and I had a couple sets to choose the best from. Also will re-use the rubber protective sleeves for stock look. It seems a shame to have to use shrink wrap to tidy up that exposed stainless weave at the ends but I guess that's the way to do it.

Edit: Got them done, all stock stuff on there, can't tell they are aftermarket, which I like. I will block off the anti-dive with a bolt, so no short lines needed.

Beautiful Job. How much did the parts cost?
    Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things