Gs850l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterd123 View Post
    Just one more question, is the G version the same as the L, as far as maintenance for engine/gearbox?
    Yes, L model engines are identical to non-L, G or not. Off the top of my head, the only mechanical parts that are different are the front master, forks, triple clamps, and in 1980, the fuel tap.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks for info. Great forum.
      Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      Yes, L model engines are identical to non-L, G or not. Off the top of my head, the only mechanical parts that are different are the front master, forks, triple clamps, and in 1980, the fuel tap.

Comment

Just one more thing Pete, yours will be a GS850GLT while the later one is a GS850GLX. Just be aware of this when buying parts.

Here's a great link for sourcing parts and numbers...
        Shop our large selection of 1980 Suzuki GS850GL OEM Parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at (231)737-4542
        The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Nice lookin' bike. Welcome and have a great ride!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Really a nice looking very clean 850 you have there.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Wow that is a cherry! if you snoop around here, you can get somewhat of a handle on the various suzuki models http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzu...ki_models.html
              Last edited by Gorminrider; 12-04-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Cheers. Looking forward to the summer, although the weather is not too bad for a ride, as soon as it arrives. Still on its way. Should be any day now.
                Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                Just one more thing Pete, yours will be a GS850GLT while the later one is a GS850GLX. Just be aware of this when buying parts.

Here's a great link for sourcing parts and numbers...
                https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oem...-gs850gl-parts

Comment

Dang that is nice.

Comment

Well the bike has arrived and is in my front garden. The guy who brought it knew how to move motorcycles, cos now I cannot get it out as there is not enough room for me to turn it, and it is too heavy to drag for me. So today I installed an outside plug socket so to be able to charge. And at the weekend I am removing part of the front garden wall and installing another gate so that I can get in and out easy. Please feel free to have a laugh, my son could not stop.
                    Anyway the bike looks just as good as the pics. so very happy about its looks.

Comment

Just noticed that the stop switch only needs a light touch not even pressed to off and the engine cuts out. Anyone come across this before. And could i just adjust it or replace the spring?
                      Regards
                      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by peterd123 View Post
                        Just noticed that the stop switch only needs a light touch not even pressed to off and the engine cuts out. Anyone come across this before. And could i just adjust it or replace the spring?
                        Regards
                        Pete
                        Is that what I'd call the kill switch? It's not a complicated thing. Go ahead and tear into it. No adjusting, just cleaning or fixing.
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                        X